Anyone warranty their shaker pro/1000?

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
Taking my car in for warranty work.

has anyone had their shaker pro or 1000 replaced.?Specifically the subs in the trunk, they are blown out and rattling bad.

Shitty because the car only has 10k miles. Which has me worried this will happen again. Which really means I cannot enjoy my system as designed, because it might blow out again. I don't even crank the bass or listen to it at high volume.

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
Taking my car in for warranty work.

has anyone had their shaker pro or 1000 replaced.?Specifically the subs in the trunk, they are blown out and rattling bad.

Shitty because the car only has 10k miles. Which has me worried this will happen again. Which really means I cannot enjoy my system as designed, because it might blow out again. I don't even crank the bass or listen to it at high volume.
Hi Smm,

You should bring it in to your Ford Dealer and speak with the service manager. He is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed. Also, remember repairs done at a Ford Dealer come with a 24 months/unlimited miles warranty.

You can schedule an appointment online here. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
Hi thanks Deysha,

I ended up taking it to Brandon Ford here in Florida. I called the day before asked the lady if I could just bring it by early in the morning and have them look at it and order the parts, at which point I would bring it back at a later date to have the work performed once the parts arrived. She said that was fine, so I brought the car the next morning.

I drove 45mins only to be told by the service guy that they do not do that, and that I would need to schedule an appointment and come back and leave the car. I explained my conversation with the lady the day before and that I do not live near this dealership, to which he seemed not to care and kept insisting I make an appointment and drop the car off. Needless to say after 15 min of explaining to him it will literally take a technician two minutes to hear the subs are blown, he eventually got the point I was not going to leave until I had someone look at the car and eventually had a tech come up to the service port. The technician however was very respectful and it took him all of 30 secs to diagnose the problem (go figure). The parts have been ordered, so at least it was handled.

However it was a very frustrating experience. I will not use Brandon Ford ever again.

redline5.0

Established Member
Hi thanks Deysha,

I ended up taking it to Brandon Ford here in Florida. I called the day before asked the lady if I could just bring it by early in the morning and have them look at it and order the parts, at which point I would bring it back at a later date to have the work performed once the parts arrived. She said that was fine, so I brought the car the next morning.

I drove 45mins only to be told by the service guy that they do not do that, and that I would need to schedule an appointment and come back and leave the car. I explained my conversation with the lady the day before and that I do not live near this dealership, to which he seemed not to care and kept insisting I make an appointment and drop the car off. Needless to say after 15 min of explaining to him it will literally take a technician two minutes to hear the subs are blown, he eventually got the point I was not going to leave until I had someone look at the car and eventually had a tech come up to the service port. The technician however was very respectful and it took him all of 30 secs to diagnose the problem (go figure). The parts have been ordered, so at least it was handled.

However it was a very frustrating experience. I will not use Brandon Ford ever again.

I've yet to go to a Ford dealer that has been any different. I need to get a crank relearn done but I have to make a appointment and leave my car there the entire day for a 30min job. That's not an option when it's my only car and they can't do it on the weekend either /facepalm.

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
I've yet to go to a Ford dealer that has been any different. I need to get a crank relearn done but I have to make a appointment and leave my car there the entire day for a 30min job. That's not an option when it's my only car and they can't do it on the weekend either /facepalm.

I understand that's how things go "normally", however you and I know they can at least TRY and help you out. I only did what I was advised to do and was told that they would be able to accommodate my needs. Which is the reason I even bothered bringing it in, I do not have much spare time.

I will also add. The service guy even went as far to to tell me "I must have had a different conversation with the lady, because that is not how they do things"

I have actually showed up to this dealership without an appointment and had them change my control arms on the spot in two hours. Funny they tried turning me away over something that got taken care of in 30 seconds by a tech.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread