Anyone warrantied a ford tonneau cover?

Freedom

Established Member
I am trying to get ford to warranty the factory tonneau cover as it is "winging" at the rear corners like all the other ones i have seen. Anyone else ever managed to get Ford to cover theirs?

TXRickC

Established Member
I have a bungie cord on both sides that hook to cargo hooks inside the bed, mine stay down.

daforrest

Established Member
I got mine replaced under warranty here at local dealership. My truck was new at the time, but not at the dealership I bought it from. They gave me no problems, just make sure they know it is original from factory, not Ford aftermarket.

Bootbox

Established Member
TXSVTLIGHTNING said:
I have a bungie cord on both sides that hook to cargo hooks inside the bed, mine stay down.

Ahhhh, I noticed yours were nice and tight, what a great idea...

:beer:

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
I had ford warranty my cover a couple years ago without any probs, just make sure you tell them you want the same cover and not a ford aftermarket. i made this mistake and I eneded up having to buy a new cover cause i couldnt get replacment parts for the ford one they replaced the factory one with. But if it is the one that came on the the truck from the factory it shouldnt be a problem at all

Freedom

Established Member

The local dealer has refused to warranty it, first they claimed it was an aftermarket tonneau, after showing them the window sticker and the ford labels they then said it was normal wear and tear.

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
thats complete BS I would not stand for that, it came on the truck so it has to be warrantied like the rest of the parts on the truck I would try another ford dealer, if you decide to get rid of it let me know I will take it off your hands

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Trust me calling them right there at the dealer ship helps, alot of times the dealer deosnt want to deal with them cause they will find they are in the wrong. Next time you are there ask to use there phone and call SVT right on the spot

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
i havent warrantied a tonneau cover, but i just found out i can have my fog lights covered under warranty, since they are leaking

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
Go to a different Dealer. 36K BUMPER TO BUMPER warranty. and that cover is right between the front and rear bumper:) And dont ever buy anything from that dealer either. Go online and find the owenr of the Dealership and fire off a letter or find all the officers of the corporatrion and write them all. Also you can call your states consumer protection agency too. Another thing, call and ask for their fax number and fax them repair requests 5 times a day everyday until they block your number. Treat them like the pigs they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread