Anyone wants to make your TVS into a Liquid Cool S/C

Poisonous West

Established Member
Anybody ever think about converting their TVS center bearing support plate into a “Liquid Cool” version similar to the KB L/C. I know we can just go buy the KB L/C supercharger and be done with it but for those would like some challenge.

I been looking into this for quite some time and there are only (2) solutions.

1. Machine (2) new aluminum plates – upper & lower with water jacket and O-ring grooves machined into the lower plate then bolt the top flat plate – this is pretty much the same as KB L/C center bearing support plate. I pretty much have all the dimensions needed to complete the CAD files for CNC machining. This way cost some $$$.
  2. Re-use your existing TVS center bearing support plate and modify it (some cutting, drilling, grinding, sanding) to creates a water passage. Then CNC cut a 3/16” (4.7625mm) thick aluminum plate and weld it back in to seal the water passage. This way would not cost that much and I also have the CAD ready. Just make sure the welder is VERY good at weld aluminum and replace with (2) new bearings and seals after welding.

Just FYI, the (8) casting ribs that needs to removes (show in pink) are taper with an average of 4.75mm thick.

Re-use your existing TVS center bearing support plate (option 1)
Option - 1.JPG

Re-use your existing TVS center bearing support plate (option 2)
Option - 2.JPG

CNC machine 4.7625mm alumimun plate for option 2
Option - 3.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread