Anyone want a dog?

SVTChic

DestroySomethingBeautiful
Established Member
Well I have a 5 years old yellow lab. He is a great dog. Very good with people. But the reason I need to get rid of him is because he has really bad hips and knees and he needs surgry on them. My family and I really don't want to have to put him to sleep. I know its kinda a big thing to ask but you never know. So if you or anybody you know might want to take on the responsiblity please let me know. Thanks guys! Just thought I would ask :)

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
Originally posted by Davesnake
Did you take him in for an estimate? I know some dog loving people...

Dave

When I say estimate, I'm talking about the surgery.....if there was some confusion.

SVTChic

Established Member
I'm not an idiot I know what you meant. And yes they said about $15,000 :( Which is crap! It deff shouldn't be that much. I mean WTF! How do they expect people to help their animals if they can't afford it :shrug:

SVTChic

Established Member
Originally posted by lightninmike
pet insurance???? i think more places of bizz should offer it
just like dental:)

We have that already :( But thanks for the tip

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
Originally posted by SVTChic
I'm not an idiot I know what you meant. And yes they said about $15,000 :( Which is crap! It deff shouldn't be that much. I mean WTF! How do they expect people to help their animals if they can't afford it :shrug:

I know your not an idiot....idiot. 15k!!! :eek: He better be friggin bionic when they finish with him...thats rediculous :nonono:

Dave

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
Whats types of problems? major arthritis? Hip displagia (sp)? ACL problems?

Is there absolutely no way to work around the surgery aspect? Ever heard of ascriptin? Works wonders on dogs, Rimadil is what my bulldog is on, he has a right knee with no cartilage, he's only 3.

I say try some pain meds if you haven't. If you have, then hell.... the vets should try and donate some time and not charge you 500.00 an hour... some are just greedy bastards.

My vet has given us hundreds of dollars of free checkups and shit... (although we've spent thousands upon thousands of dollars over the years, but he still wouldn't ever charge anyone that high unless it's like a 18 hour operation which I guarantee it's not.

Best of luck

SVTChic

Established Member
Originally posted by tommyhil4_6
Whats types of problems? major arthritis? Hip displagia (sp)? ACL problems?

Is there absolutely no way to work around the surgery aspect? Ever heard of ascriptin? Works wonders on dogs, Rimadil is what my bulldog is on, he has a right knee with no cartilage, he's only 3.

I say try some pain meds if you haven't. If you have, then hell.... the vets should try and donate some time and not charge you 500.00 an hour... some are just greedy bastards.

My vet has given us hundreds of dollars of free checkups and shit... (although we've spent thousands upon thousands of dollars over the years, but he still wouldn't ever charge anyone that high unless it's like a 18 hour operation which I guarantee it's not.

Best of luck

Thanks for the info. He is on some sort of meds. I forget the name though. I mean it helps to a certain extent but meds only last so long. He has hip displagia (don't know how to spell that either haha) in both hips then he has really bad arthritis in both knees. Its pretty bad. I don't know what is up with the vet. They are a bunch of ass holes and don't really care about the animals well being if they are gonna charge that kinda money. Makes me mad just thinking about it. Someone said something about seeing if Tufts would do it. I guess they have students that do it for cheaper.... but thats also just students. Sucks big time. Thanks everyone for your help so far! :)

Users who are viewing this thread