Anyone w/Return Fuel pass smog?

Jpjr

Established Member
I can't think of why this would affect smog, but would be good to know that someone has passed. (forget the visual)

68gtscode

Established Member
I would imagine you would be fine if it isn't noticeable... Like the Lethal system with pumps in the tank. I think you might have trouble with the visual if you show up with a sumped tank and a big fuel pump sticking out for the world to see.

Jpjr

Established Member
thanks guys - what i really meant was would the return fuel setup actually affect the sniff test. like will the car fail any monitors or evap stuff given the PPRV, FRPS, FPDM are all gone. Evap is all there though... EGR, O2s, Charcoal, etc. I currently am throwing no evap or any other codes whatsoever.

whtcobra1998

Jet Powered
Established Member
thanks guys - what i really meant was would the return fuel setup actually affect the sniff test. like will the car fail any monitors or evap stuff given the PPRV, FRPS, FPDM are all gone. Evap is all there though... EGR, O2s, Charcoal, etc. I currently am throwing no evap or any other codes whatsoever.

do a readiness test- its for emissions, you can only have 2 monitors not run, if none are passed it will fail the obd test. if that passes hopefully they dont check for anything else

Users who are viewing this thread