Anyone w/Eibachs here...

jjhirsch

Established Member
Just wondering if anyone here had a set and how they felt about them...I have heard they like to a** sag, true?? Also, how will they work with my stock struts that have about 70,00 on them...Cant afford to replace struts now, maybe in a month or 2,

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
save your money and do both at the same time.

the Eibach's don't sag, its the way they lower the car. Gives it an even look.

My H&R's give a raked looked (ass sits a bit higher than the front) I'll post some pics of Y2KSVT's Eibach, or look in hte picture section over at CEG for his recent post with his new hotness.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Eibachs stock wheel's w/ 225/45
503505_46_full.jpg

My car with H&Rs and 215/45/17s
attachment.php

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I believe he has stock rims, so I wanted to depict that for him :p

jjhirsch

Established Member
RT..thanks a ton....That helps alot.

BTW: With the 225/45's how different are they from the stock size....Besides wider, do they look alot different??? I am mostly concerned with wheel gap. Or do they cancel eachother out with the drop, its time for tires for me.

Y2KSVT

Established Member
Id say if you go with a 225 width, go with 45 series profile. With the Eibach lowering kit, the wheel gap really isn't bad. And that size tire will give you a slightly smaller tire diameter which will also change your gearing just slightly. I think it'll help a little bit even. The tires I had on the E1 wheels were Falken ZE-512. They are a great tire.

Mark
Y2KSVT

Y2KSVT

Established Member
Id say if you go with a 225 width, go with 45 series profile. With the Eibach lowering kit, the wheel gap really isn't bad. And that size tire will give you a slightly smaller tire diameter which will also change your gearing just slightly. I think it'll help a little bit even. They will also make the 16" wheels not look so small, compared to the 50 series. The tires I had on the E1 wheels were Falken ZE-512. They are a great tire.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post

Mark
Y2KSVT

Last edited:

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
I greatly dislike the ass sag the Eibachs give our platform.

You would be much better served by getting the BAT kit.
They also retain most of the ride quality, ~1" drop, and eliminate most lift & dive.

If performance is more your goal then H&R's with Bilsteins.

That's what I have...

SVT-3.jpg

Hooterlure69

Established Member
RTStabler51,

ok i have been asking everybody this where can i find a bumper like the one in the picture of the black CSVT. please let me know

fgmuegge

I have had the Eibachs on my 2K csvt for two years now without a problem. My car has a slight rake, rear is 1/4 inch higher than the front. The ride is firm but not jarring. Only problem is that the stock dampers cannot keep up with the spring load during high speed (high damper rate) bump and rebound situations. An example would be sudden dip in the road. Stock dampers have too soft of a bump valving which allows the suspension to "crash" against the bump stops. Would suggest adding the BAT rear swaybar and sway bar bushings front/rear. It will enhance the spring install and help "rotate" the car in corners, reducing understeer. A properly set up csvt will spank a Cobra in the corners.:coolman:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread