Anyone using the T-56 Magnum??

viper82489

Established Member
I have some cell pics of it in the box but thats it. I cant get video cause I dont have a camcorder. It shifts alot better than the stock trans that along with the new clutch make driving the car alot more enjoyable.

heytonyman

build-break-repeat
Established Member
Just wanted to throw this out there as far as the driveshaft is concerned. When using a T-56 with stock 04 cobra driveshaft in a solid axle 99-04 car, the driveshaft sticks out of the trans exactly 1 inch further. This means 1" less engagement to the output shaft of the trans. However many people including myself are rockin it like this and haven't seen any problems.

Sounds like with the Magnum version and a stock length 31 spline slip yoke, you should have no driveshaft length modifications necessary with a solid axle car. It will be nice to get that 1" of spline back for peace of mind. For those concerned about the driveshaft sliding in and out with solid axle movement, don't be. Theres lots of room in and out even at stock IRS cobra length.

Still waiting for more opinions on this trans people... I wanna ditch my T-56 while its still in one piece! Can't decide between this or an auto! Or even a C4 or 4R for that matter...

Tony P.

ModularFan

Established Member
Just wanted to throw this out there as far as the driveshaft is concerned. When using a T-56 with stock 04 cobra driveshaft in a solid axle 99-04 car, the driveshaft sticks out of the trans exactly 1 inch further. This means 1" less engagement to the output shaft of the trans. However many people including myself are rockin it like this and haven't seen any problems.

Sounds like with the Magnum version and a stock length 31 spline slip yoke, you should have no driveshaft length modifications necessary with a solid axle car. It will be nice to get that 1" of spline back for peace of mind. For those concerned about the driveshaft sliding in and out with solid axle movement, don't be. Theres lots of room in and out even at stock IRS cobra length.

Still waiting for more opinions on this trans people... I wanna ditch my T-56 while its still in one piece! Can't decide between this or an auto! Or even a C4 or 4R for that matter...

Tony P.

Get the magnum, I am pretty sure you have to shorten the driveshaft, it doesn't matter whether its a solid axle or not. the Cobra has IRS.

Users who are viewing this thread