anyone using meth injection???

SVTBoxer

Established Member
My blower has been sent off to steighmeier for the stage 4 port, and on top of that I wanted to run a meth shot from snow performance but I have been hearing mixed things about this type of application. Paul atomotive engineering is who has tuned my car in the past, I just got off the phone with them and they told me that they have had no luck with this product on 03-04 cobras. they said they cars picked up 5-10 hp. He told me to check out a mr.freeze product. I was just wondering if anyone out there had any information for me that could help cause I have heard good things about the snow performance kit. Anyone who has meth hooked up please let me know how it has worked out for you and what kind of numbers u have gained...thanks

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
I had never considered it until I read the recent article in MM&FF. I plan on talking to my tuner (HPP Racing) next time I stop by to get their thoughts on it. Good luck to you.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I've heard great things about it because of it's cooling properties to the air charge. Anything you do there is worth hp and prevents detonation. Good things. But there is a huge problem running them on these cars...alchohol is EXTREMELY corrosive. Eventually, it will damage your rotors in the blower. I would love one in the summer heat here...but the corrosion alone will prevent me from ever using one.

supercobra506

NINJA
Established Member
water meth makes power when you advance the timing, the cooler intake charge allows you to run more timing. which is good and bad, more timing does give you the added risk of more heat. you should look into mile hi dynos cooling mod thats coming out soon, way better setup(not water meth). way colder temps too. more power with less timing advance.
mile hi thread

KENZILLA

Well ya, Its fast!
Established Member
I have been thinking about this also. I have also learned the same things that you all have allready posted. I have a KB on my car and they say it can really mess up the coating over time. I have thought of an idea to spray the meth after the blower....could you not get a R&R spacer and have it drilled and tapped for the nozzel? This would put the Meth after the blower. Would that work or does the meth need to go in pre MAF?

supercobra506

NINJA
Established Member
you dont need to spray it premaf, but it does coat everything with meth. which does eat away at everything. its real good for aftermarket blowers that dont come with an intercooler. like this sn95 with a vortech.
2227661_29_full.jpg

mile hi dynos cooling mod is way better for the 03-04s

Mike_Galimi

Established Member
The power comes from the increase in timing because of the much lower intake charge. If you don't increase the timing the effect will be minimized.

supercobra506

NINJA
Established Member
exactly, in my book more timing is not the answer. especially not for street cars that get stuck in traffic. oh how i hate contruction traffic. :cuss:

SVTBoxer

Established Member
yea I have heard all the same things as you guys have, Im thinking just going with a small shot of spray like a 35-50 shot.

SVTBoxer

Established Member
man that is exactly what I was wondering cause I have a diablo chip and was wondering if I would have to go to an SCT chip, do u have a button or is it hooked up the throttle??

supercobra506

NINJA
Established Member
arming switch in the glove box and a mirco switch on the throttle body, but im going with a progressive controll(built in window swtich, tps and ramping).
dynotune has a window switch with a built in tps for 140 i think.

SVTBoxer

Established Member
what is the kit that you are using, do u have a link on where to get it? and are you still running the eaton (ported I take it?) or do you have a whipple or a kb. thanks...

YGETV8

Established Member
I experimented with meth/H2O injection on my Cobra some. I was excited as I had GREAT luck with it on my Turbo Buicks. Just didn't get the results I was looking for with this car. Well, I'm not excited anymore... just sold my kit to a current Turbo Buick owner! Got nitrous instead!

Users who are viewing this thread