Anyone using grundy insurance?

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Just as the title says, im wondering if anyone has any experience with grundy insurance? My car is always garaged, not driven in the rain etc and due to the amount of money in mods I have into it I am afraid I will get screwed by my regurlar insurance provider should something happen and they wont allow me to overinsure the car due to mods etc. Grundy is also significantly cheaper. Any input appreciated.

predator

Established Member
I know this subject was discussed at length in the Cobra R forum.....with a lot of good info. With no search its kind of a pain, might might be worth looking for. I may need to do it myself soon!! :beer:

Cobra-R

Established Member
I just switched my vette's and 00R over to Grundy effective Oct 15. Was a pretty painless process, but have no imput other than that.

Brian

btw: Just be aware of their limitations, not covered at the track, no drivers under 25, ect.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Thanks for the input guys. Im well over 25 so no worries there and to my knowledge no "normal" provider will cover me at that track so I assumed that. Guess I will try and dig up the thread in R forum and give grundy a call

oldmodman

Established Member
I don't know if this is true about other states but when I applied to Grundy (as a California resident) I was told they don't write policies on new California cars.
I met all the other grundy requirements, always garaged, 2nd or not primary vehicle and so on. It's too bad they couldn't write me a policy. I could have gotten an agreed on value of $40,000 for $285.00 a year.

FKing1

Established Member
Iv'e had my restored 1955 Ford Pickup insured with Grundy for many years. Value is $25,000 and premium is reasonable. Having said that , I have never had a claim.
Fred K.

maoun

Established Member
my car's underwritten by mercury for an appraised value (by several companies) for $130k....it's not too much more, you should look into it

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
Whats the milage limits they put on the car? I put on more miles then I really should, but when its nice out, it's top down time.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by firemanmike
Whats the milage limits they put on the car? I put on more miles then I really should, but when its nice out, it's top down time.
As far as I know there are none. grundy.com for more info.

Users who are viewing this thread