Anyone using an NRG steerng wheel QR?

a1yola

1998 Cobra #5061 FALEEN
Established Member
Does anyone have any experience using an NRG steering wheel quick release? I've heard of people using them on their mustangs but I can't find which model/part number people are using for Foxbodies or SN95s...their catalog only has a p/n for an S197. If you have used one on your Foxbody and know which model/part number to use please let me know. Thanks!

Sirl

Established Member
Yep.
IMG_2069.jpg

There are 2 part #'s that work. The standard size, and a "Thin" size
The Standard one will move the wheel a good 1.5 inches closer to you.
The Thin version will keep the wheel in the stock location.

I tried both but for tracking, moving the wheel closer was a much better combo. You dont have to reach at all to
turn the wheel.

Another tip: It has a small chrome button you have to push at the same time you pull the "Paddles" towards you, to take the wheel off. Its kind of a hassle. That little silver button comes right out. Its held in with a tiny set screw. Lose that before you even install anything. In case of an emergency, anyone can remove the wheel, if you dont know about the silver button, you (or a emt) will not get the wheel off in an emergency.

I had a Momo hub with the QR release.

https://www.getnrg.com/products/quick-release-kits/gen-2.5/srk-250bk

It bolts to a standard 6 bolt momo hub and steering wheel.

And I recommend it. The wheel was 100% tight, no slack, worked perfectly

Hope that helps

Mitch

a1yola

1998 Cobra #5061 FALEEN
Established Member
Thanks Mitch! Do you happen to know the part number for the thin version as well? I agree that an inch or so closer would be good for track duty, but there's a local shop that carries these and in case they don't have the standard version then maybe I'll go with the thin version. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread