Anyone used this yet?

Badlilstang

Established Member
I have know clue of what he changed. but my car runs a lot better now I also went back to stock filter also

I have seen dyno results where the stock filter did exactly the same as the K&N. There was literally no power difference. Main reason I want this??? I hate that damn flexable piece at the airbox because its a pain to clean lol. Maybe ill pick one up and give Mike a Call also. Maybe I will send the tube to get hydro dipped and knock off the logo!

Zandura99

Almost there
Established Member
I get what everyone is saying. This is what I have found after reading deeper on the subject. It looks like with a tune and the hood up on the dyno the better CAI setups will yield 10-12 horse.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...nd-After-AED-Tune&highlight=dyno+with+hood+up

So, better flowing and more volume on the intake tube, better flowing filter and tune.. worth 10-12 horse on the dyno. If you are tuning there is no reason not to buy a good used intake from the market or hunt down a great deal. I spent just over 300 on my airraid, so that's 30 bucks a horse. The tune was 225 for the used SCT tunner, and maybe 250 for the tune if I remember right (AED) so say 500 bucks. That yields about the same peak increase, (not the whole story as other threads have commented the torque curve is much better throughout the range) that's 50 bucks a horse... my used cat delete and x pipe.... 20 horse for 275 bucks. that's 15 bucks a horse.... all worthy mods and with no installation costs you can get quite a bit of performance with watching the marketplace for used goods here on the forum/ hunting great deals (beefcake... etc) for around a grand.

Best case you get 1/2 the gain from the tube alone, and without a tune would you expect 1/2 of that? Maybe 3 horse best case? I am not a CAI hater like MANY others, but understand that the gains with a tune are worth it. Without the tune and without going full tilt (complete CAI) don't know if the gains are worth more than engine bay dress up.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Ordered this MIT from Summit last night (had $20 SUmmit bucks about to expire). Hopefully I can have my updated tune back from VMP shortly after the MIT arrives and I can see how it feels compared to the stock intake. Recently removed my JLT and went back to the factory airbox + AEM Dry Flow fliter. I'm not expecting much of a different, if any. Only thing I can see would be a little throatier intake noise from less baffles like the stock intake has, and maybe a slight increase in how fast the car revs.

Voltwings

Established Member
The main perks of the larger air raid intake are just that, its larger. Keeping the stock diameter / MAF size, i cant imagine it would make any difference...

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
The main perks of the larger air raid intake are just that, its larger. Keeping the stock diameter / MAF size, i cant imagine it would make any difference...

Not looking for power really. I would've kept my JLT intake if I wanted to keep the larger MAF.

But as said before, an increase in airflow efficiency is never a bad thing at all.

Locotone07

Established Member
just sand it down and paint it, problem solved.

Or you could get a custom made decal (sorry bout the crappy ipad pic)...
image.jpg

momogt

Established Member
I know my car feels a lot better with it then without it. again it did something the updated tune I got from mike rousch didn't workout so I went back to the first tune mike sent and wow was all I said.

SVT1996Cobra

Established Member
I know my car feels a lot better with it then without it. again it did something the updated tune I got from mike rousch didn't workout so I went back to the first tune mike sent and wow was all I said.

Does the new airaid tube come with a cap for the sound tube if you're not using it?

Honest Mike

Established Member
Just double checking, but does this Airaid tube come with the plug for the firewall too?? And if so, is it the correct Ford OEM part that woulda been there from the factory??

Users who are viewing this thread