Anyone used Raybestos rotors?

Lightning Steve

Established Member
Well what I thought might be rotor warp is infact rotor warp. Presently have Rotorpro (dimple/sloted), not even two years old and only about 10,000 Km (was I expecting to much?).
Was thinking of going to these Raybestos Performance rotors

http://www.raybestos.com/wps/portal...ImageId=286598&__formSubmitted=true&langId=-1

and there Superstop or Brutestop pads. Has anyone used either of these?

Also thinking of replacing the flex lines, is there that much differance with braided SS lines to justify the extra cost or is OEM good enough?

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
I want to know

I will be upgrading on the brakes and was thinking which company would last the longest. I've had the stockers on for 53,000 miles and want something that will last just the same.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
Are you using ceramic pads? If so, that's probably why your rotors are warped. That and you may be a hard braker. IMO, Raybestos' stuff is overpriced.

Lightning Steve

Established Member
Are you using ceramic pads? If so, that's probably why your rotors are warped. That and you may be a hard braker. IMO, Raybestos' stuff is overpriced.

Nope was using Hawk pads, non ceramic. The Hawk pads still have about 60% left. Never had brake rotors wear out that fast on anything else so don't think it's me.

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
Raybestos slotted/drilled rotors were tested on a certain state trooper vehicle, the brake fluid boiled before the rotors warped. They work well. The state ordered 35,000 of them. Expect ceramic pads to wear fast on them though. If you want to save some bucks, get the AIMCO slottled/drilled, it's the exact same rotor only not dipped in zinc etc so the inside holes of the drills will show a small bit of rust, but otherwise not really noticed.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Ive rather been enjoying my Baer Decelarotors and Hawk HPS combo.
I am thinking about going with the Hawk heavy duty pads next

cthunder

Established Member
http://brakeperformance.com/site/brake_rotors.php?vtype=1&vmake=5579&vmodel=6091&ad=google
I just got these put on my truck... I got the black slotted and dimpled. From the pic, the black only looks like it's only the slot and the dimple, but it's the entire brake rotor (black zinc plating). they're pretty sweet! I'd snap some pics but the truck is being built for a turbo. best thing is, it has a lifetime guarantee from warping. The CS is super nice and very friendly... I called twice before ordering, they answered all my questions easily.

Users who are viewing this thread