Anyone used Griot's Garage products?

ncarter124

Established Member
Just curious if anyone had an educated opinion on their stuff. I am going to be ordering a Grabber Blue GT soon and thought about using their stuff but I don't know of anyone that actually has. Thoughts? :shrug:

fergy016

Established Member
I get Griot's garage magazine and dig all the cool things, but I have only used Adam's and Chemical Guys because that is what my buddy has had, and I dig the results it has given him on a very pricey paint job.
I am not discounting how good Griot's waxes are, just never had them laying around.

Please if you order them post your opinion of the product, I am always curious on new better full system wax products.

92 TYPHOON

Established Member
I have their DA polisher. It is my first real DA and I'm pretty satisfied with it. I can't say I've seen many people use their waxes or polishes though. If nobody else chimes in here, check out autogeek; I'm sure someone there has used their stuff.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
I have a lot of their products. Some work great and a couple of my favorite detail products are theirs. On the other hand, some of their products are very disappointing and frustrating to use. Overall I think some of their products definitely have a place in any detailer's arsenal.

Which ones were you looking at?

Last edited:

fergy016

Established Member
I have a lot of their products. Some work great and a couple of my favorite detail products are theirs. On the other hand, some of their products are very disappointing and frustrating to use. Overall I think some of their products definitely have a place in any detailer's arsenal.

What Griot's garage products do you consider must haves?

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
What Griot's garage products do you consider must haves?

'Must haves' would be their Speed Shine and Wheel Cleaner - two great products. One is my favorite quick detailer, the other is my favorite wheel cleaner. Speen Shine gives the absolute best finish of all quick detailers I've ever used, and it's not expensive. Wheel Cleaner is safe on all finishes, has good cleaning power, and overall is a great bang-for-the-buck wheel cleaner. I used it and the popular P21S Gel in comparison and they both cleaned equally well, with the Griot's Wheel Cleaner being significantly cheaper.

Their Car Wash is the best I've used as well, although it is very expensive. I also love how their Vinyl & Rubber Dressing looks on our interior, but again it is expensive (insanely expensive). Last, their Wax and Polish Removal microfibers are very high quality. I've had mine for 4 years now and the quality has diminished very little through all the abuse and washes. Still super soft and work just as good as the day I bought them. Only downside, again, is the price. I wouldn't consider these last four products 'must haves' because of the price but definitely worth a try if you can get past the cost.

ncarter124

Established Member

Thanks for the reply. I was just looking at their line in general, waxes, their clays, leather treatment, etc.

I had kind of expected this answer as it seems to be the general 'rule of thumb' with car care products, every brand has their good products and their bad products.

jjscobra18

Established Member
When I bought my car the og owner used all of their products and gave them to me with the car. The speed shine is great as noted above as well as the car wash. I like the leather cleaner a lot, it gives a clean look without any oily residue and has keep the seats in my mystichrome looking brand new, I also like the smell it leaves in the car but that is just me. The interior trim spray is pretty good as well. I have yet to use the clay bar or wax so I can not comment on them I do not dd so it still looks great. I have had it about 6 months and only washed it like 4 times and the paint still pops from the last wax job. He used these products from the time it was new and the paint on the car looks fantastic as well as the interior, so I would not be afraid to use them again when I run out but they are pricey, end of my .02.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Thanks for the reply. I was just looking at their line in general, waxes, their clays, leather treatment, etc.

I had kind of expected this answer as it seems to be the general 'rule of thumb' with car care products, every brand has their good products and their bad products.

Overall, I'd say they have products that will work well for most individuals who don't want to spend a ton of time researching and spending money trying out different products.

I also use their Clay Bar. It's a good all-around clay bar. Does a great job at getting bonded contaminants out of the paint without marring the finish. They also give you a lot of it so it will last you a long time.

I haven't used their leather cleaning/treatment products but have read mostly good things about them.

The products of theirs I would stay away from at all costs would be their waxes and polishes. Their Best of Show Wax looks GREAT, but is by far the most difficult and PITA product I've used. Trying to take it off is like trying to buff off the paint of the car itself. Exact same for their polishes. In my experience, there are much better waxes and polishes on the market available to get great results from than to work with something as difficult as their Best of Show Wax and Polishes.

If you try any of their 'good' products I've mentioned above, I'm sure they'll work well for you.

:beer:

ncarter124

Established Member
When I bought my car the og owner used all of their products and gave them to me with the car. The speed shine is great as noted above as well as the car wash. I like the leather cleaner a lot, it gives a clean look without any oily residue and has keep the seats in my mystichrome looking brand new, I also like the smell it leaves in the car but that is just me. The interior trim spray is pretty good as well. I have yet to use the clay bar or wax so I can not comment on them I do not dd so it still looks great. I have had it about 6 months and only washed it like 4 times and the paint still pops from the last wax job. He used these products from the time it was new and the paint on the car looks fantastic as well as the interior, so I would not be afraid to use them again when I run out but they are pricey, end of my .02.

Yeah they are a bit on the steep side, my main thing is knowing if it's a "you get what you pay for" sort of scenario. Thanks for this btw, I think this and the other replies will give me enough confidence to at least give them a shot.

ncarter124

Established Member
Overall, I'd say they have products that will work well for most individuals who don't want to spend a ton of time researching and spending money trying out different products.

I also use their Clay Bar. It's a good all-around clay bar. Does a great job at getting bonded contaminants out of the paint without marring the finish. They also give you a lot of it so it will last you a long time.

I haven't used their leather cleaning/treatment products but have read mostly good things about them.

The products of theirs I would stay away from at all costs would be their waxes and polishes. Their Best of Show Wax looks GREAT, but is by far the most difficult and PITA product I've used. Trying to take it off is like trying to buff off the paint of the car itself. Exact same for their polishes. In my experience, there are much better waxes and polishes on the market available to get great results from than to work with something as difficult as their Best of Show Wax and Polishes.

If you try any of their 'good' products I've mentioned above, I'm sure they'll work well for you.

:beer:

Right on. I think I am going to try some of their products in conjunction with Meguiar's and Mother's to see what provides the best results.

Once the car comes in and I begin using them I will be sure to follow-up and try to review them as best I can. Plus it will be a good opportunity to practice photos like that on my DSLR. :)

Ackman70

Established Member
I use a lot of their products and am happy for the most part. I agree with the comments about the Speed Shine as a must have. The end result with the Best of Show wax is excellent but it's work if you use too much product. Sparingly at best....use too much and you need to break out the DA sander to get it off! But the protection is great!

They have a good variety of products and their customer service is TOP NOTCH. Worth a few extra bucks IMHO.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Save your money and buy something else. Griots products are all relabeled

[ame=http://www.google.com/search?hl=&q=griot%27s+relabled+product&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3MOZA_enUS409US410&ie=UTF-8#sclient=psy&hl=en&rlz=1B3MOZA_enUS409US410&q=griot%27s+products+relabeled&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=ff3e2739446bc197]griot's relabled product - Google Search[/ame]

oldmodman

Established Member
The only Griots product I have is their 3" Random Orbital Polisher. Bought it from another site when it was on a really cheap sale. I mainly use it for very hard to reach places. Work fine for what it's for.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Save your money and buy something else. Griots products are all relabeled

griot's relabled product - Google Search

I've seen this posted here quite a few times when Griot's products come into discussion. I've seen it posted on other detailing forums as well. BUT, I haven't seen anything showing proof to support it. I've done my own research on the matter and this all stems from them relabeling a Porter Cable Machine back in the day.

Even their random orbital prior to the one they offer now was a machine manufactured by someone else. Do this mean all their products are relabels? Absolutely not.

Other than their hardware-like products, I don't believe any of their chemical made products are relabeled. Until someone provides proof it's nothing more than forum hearsay.

Users who are viewing this thread