Anyone use MM clutch pedal height adjuster?

compcobra

Established Member
Currently I have the fiore firewall adjuster, steeda quick release quadrant(RED), LDC freeplay correction kit and the MM clutch pedal height adjuster. The install of all the parts went good, I adjusted the clutch pedal height so it is even with the brake pedal. The problem I am having is that the fiore adjuster is screwed out so far that the black plastic flange on the stock clutch cable is hitting the valve cover and it does not seem to have enough travel to release the clutch.I set the clutch pedal freeplay to 1/2 to 3/4 of a inch.Am I missing something?Any suggestions to have more clearance from the valve cover? :shrug:

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
Yup. That is about how much adjustment it needs to work properly. I am working on a spacer to put between the end of the clutch cable and the tranny housing to take up the extra slack.

compcobra

Established Member
I am still having trouble with the clutch not releasing. If i adjusted or removed the clutch height pedal adjuster kit, do you think this would help? It just seems like I am not getting enough travel with the height adjuster kit installed.

LargeOrangeFont

Established Member
You need to raise the height of the pedal more. I had mine even with the brake pedal and it did that. I raised it like another 1\4 inch (that was the maximum it would go actually) and tightened the adjuster slightly and it was perfect. I have close to an inch of freeplay at the top of the pedal travel. The clutch grabs about a half inch off the floor.

compcobra

Established Member
I tried playing around with it some more but just could not get the clutch to act properly. It didn't feel right with the clutch grabbing off of the floor like that. Also makes it harder to powershift when it releases that close to the floor. I removed the pedal adjustment kit, now it releases about three inches off of the floor, which makes shifting easier if you want to hit the clutch quick. I still don't like the way the cable flange and adjuster is so far out hitting the valve cover. What type of bushing were you working on or installed on the trans end of the cable to take up some of the slack so it will allow more clearance at the firewall end?

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
I tried that setup and gave up on the height adjuster. You need all the clutch pedal travel you can get to get complete disengagement and easy shifting. With the Steeda quick release quadrant you get even better clutch disengagement and the best shifting. (I see you have that)

LargeOrangeFont

Established Member
compcobra said:
I tried playing around with it some more but just could not get the clutch to act properly. It didn't feel right with the clutch grabbing off of the floor like that. Also makes it harder to powershift when it releases that close to the floor. I removed the pedal adjustment kit, now it releases about three inches off of the floor, which makes shifting easier if you want to hit the clutch quick. I still don't like the way the cable flange and adjuster is so far out hitting the valve cover. What type of bushing were you working on or installed on the trans end of the cable to take up some of the slack so it will allow more clearance at the firewall end?

It will be an alumnium spacer.

How does it make it harder to powershift? The pedal still has to travel the same distance to release the clutch. The pedal travel just starts later.

compcobra

Established Member
LargeOrangeFont said:
It will be an alumnium spacer.

How does it make it harder to powershift? The pedal still has to travel the same distance to release the clutch. The pedal travel just starts later.

It just seemed you needed to push your clutch right to the floor for complete disengagement of the clutch, now it seems to me that you can hit the clutch quick and it will shift. It wasn't doing that before, maybe if I tried moving the pedal up a quarter of an inch like you had done it would have. The pedal has a much more positive feel to it now. I was also looking at the spacer idea also but not sure on how it is really going to work on the trans end.You almost need a spacer that attaches itself to the cable and has a snap ring groove to attach itself solidly to the trans. It would sure be nice to have something to give more clearance near the valve cover while still utilizing the stock cable as opposed to an adjustable one.

Badboy I see you have the same quadrant and adjuster as me, are you also having trouble with the cable flange hitting the valve cover?

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
compcobra said:
Badboy I see you have the same quadrant and adjuster as me, are you also having trouble with the cable flange hitting the valve cover?
Yea, it does, but it's not really a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread