Anyone try the 100 proof Smirnoff vodka?

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
So, I saw a bottle of this today and was really curious about it. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet, so I'm seeing if anyone else has.

I'm a, let's say....fan, of vodka, and with the norm being 80 proof, this really caught my eye. I'll pick up a bottle soon, but in the mean time I was hoping to hear what some people thought about it.

How is it in a drink, how is it on the rocks, etc.

Alcoholic jokes are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Yeah, the bottle is blue, instead of the usual red.

For some reason, I just hadn't seen it before. I'm curious about it because I really enjoy a good vodka (see:Russian Standard) straight, on the rocks.

Pic below:

1544.jpg

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Good stuff.
Date gets her drinks made with the blue label.
Mine made with watered down regular.
:banana:without:xpl:

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
looks cool. I have had straight and somewhat mixed bicardi 151 rum. Something you should always avoid unless you are having a half shot or something like that, unlike the 6 I had haha

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Nope but I'm a fan of the "99 banana, cherries, etc" lines and 100 proof soco as well. Might have to give this a try!

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Nope but I'm a fan of the "99 banana, cherries, etc" lines and 100 proof soco as well. Might have to give this a try!

Hahaha. I can't drink 100 proof soco without rose tinted spectacles on. That was what I grew up on. Fantastic stuff.

scottminot

Established Member
My fiance is a vodka drinker. She drinks 100 proof Stolichnaya. Says it's way better than Smirnoff. It all tastes the same to me.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
My fiance is a vodka drinker. She drinks 100 proof Stolichnaya. Says it's way better than Smirnoff. It all tastes the same to me.

Yeah, saw that. One I haven't tried yet. I'll have to try it, based on what your fiance says, lol.

Machdup1

Established Member

Stollies > Smirnoff. I've never seen a Russian drink smirnoff when they had a choice.

ZWilson07

Established Member
Yes ive had it and the red normal 80 proof side by side to compare.

The drink is OK. Its not your piss poor run of the meal grain alcohol but its def not what id call fancy vodka. Personally id only drink it on the rocks or mixed, and IMO I feel like the 80 proof is much better if your just wanting to drink some smirnoff vodka. Once you move up to the blue label taste/body really starts to kind of go out the window for me anyways.

So yeah IF I was going to drink vodka for anything other than just getting f'd up which to me is no other reason, id stay with red label 80, to me the blue label 100 is good for getting drunk real fast thats about it and if your any connoisseur of vodka I wouldn't waste the money on buying it.

Last edited:

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Smirnoff vodka is piss. Get some Belvedere or Gray Goose.

THIS!

B or GG or GTFO!

If you feel like over-paying, sure. Grain vodka can only go so far. I've done blind taste-tests and, I'm sorry, Grey Goose is NOT all it's cracked up to be. If you're in it for the marketing or ego factor (i.e. price) than good for you, but it is not the end-all-be-all of vodka.

I'll agree that Smirnoff is not the best I've had, but for a grain vodka, it's not bad, especially for the price.

Haters gonna hate, but I've yet to meet an intelligent person who thinks GG is the best, sorry guys.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Personally id only drink it on the rocks or mixed

As opposed to what?

Again, I've tried many many vodkas trying to find the best one, and while Smirnoff isn't the best, it's still quite good when you factor in the price.

Users who are viewing this thread