Anyone try Mr.Clean AutoDry carwash system?

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
My dad just bought the system when he got his 05 Audi A6. He convinced me to use it. Seamed to work decent, didn't spot. I also used a bucket and washmit and the soap. I rinsed everything real well. Hope it didn't take off my zaino.

FranticFocus05

Established Member
Got it from my mom and girl friend this christmas and I just used it. I ended up spraying the car down and still busting out the old bucket to get some of the bad spots out but other then that it worked great. I was being crazy and it was about 45-50* tops when I washed the car and it didnt fully dry but when it was anywhere from 60 up it cant imagen how great it will work. I love it and my girl friend does to, she says this way I spend more time with her and less with the car.

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
MvKeeper said:
Got it from my mom and girl friend this christmas and I just used it. I ended up spraying the car down and still busting out the old bucket to get some of the bad spots out but other then that it worked great. I was being crazy and it was about 45-50* tops when I washed the car and it didnt fully dry but when it was anywhere from 60 up it cant imagen how great it will work. I love it and my girl friend does to, she says this way I spend more time with her and less with the car.

...and that would be the best reason for owning the System than anything else I could think of. :thumbsup:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I tried it and didn't like it that much. The DI resin doesn't last very long at all. Since I work in the water industry, I decided to make something of my own. I got an old 1cu.ft. DI resin tank, filled it with fresh DI resin, adapted the top cap to accept hose fittings, and hooked it up at the house. I wash and rinse my truck with DI water now. That 1cu.ft. should last a really long time.

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
I don't like it. My car is also dark and there is always some residue or slight water spots. I'm a freak about details though. Probably works fabulous for the average car washer.

LaserCobra 98

Established Member
StngStr said:
I don't like it. My car is also dark and there is always some residue or slight water spots. I'm a freak about details though. Probably works fabulous for the average car washer.

Trust me when I say that I'm not an average car washer. Literally takes me 3 hours just to wash it. That's not including wax and inside work.
The key is using tons of water.
Wash the top- rinse the entire car
Wash the hood- rinse the entire car
Wash the top half of the side- rinse the entire car
Wash the top half of the other side- rinse the entire car

I work from the top down in a circular fashion and keep the entire car wet the whole time.

Then I rinse the hell out of it using the spotless rinse.

Follow that with a wax. :beer:

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
I like it- I use it all the time- I do some thigns differently tho- I have pretty hardwater, and a softner so I get all kinds of water spots. With the mr clean I can get rid of about 85% of the water spots. I personally like to rinse with their filter and then dry it by hand anyways- that usually gets 99% of water spots, and the dreaded door/side mirror, headlight, trunk drips. Then after a few hours I'll come through with a duster and get all the little cotton things off.

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
I bought mine real cheap at target like 15 bucks with a target card i got for christmas. I only got to use it once before I had to come back here to school but it did and ok job, probably wouldve done better if it had been warm and sunny out, it was cool and cloudy when i washed the truck i drove throughout down week.

tyrbrnr

Drink Beer !
Established Member
i washed my car and my chopper with it and it worked pretty good considering i live on the f**kin sun (Las Vegas) you have to be frieken harry whodini to keep a car wet here while washing it , not to mention the water has so many minerals and shit out here from the desert(hence the word desert there isnt supposed to be water) i would have a better chance of getting the thing clean washing it with 90 wt gear lube

Users who are viewing this thread