Anyone try Mr.Clean AutoDry carwash system?

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
I received this Mr. Clean AutoDry carwash as a Christmas gift.
It has a hand operated gun that attaches to a hose and you
can wash the car with it and then it removes water spots as
well.The gun comes with starter soap and starter filter. It's
distributed by Procter & Gamble and approved by Motor Trend.
Anyone use this yet with good results?

LaserCobra 98

Established Member
LOVE IT!!!
I can't believe it actually works. I've used it on all my cars and they all come out spot free. I still use a bucket with soap to get things extra clean. If this ever breaks, I'm buying another. Another good thing to have is the water blade. A few companies make them. It's just a squeegee for your car.

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
I use it. I think its just the soap that really works. I have been using the same filter for along time. Still drys with zero spots. I even use the soap in a bucket and it still drys with no spots.

DenverJay

Established Member
I've used it but I've found that it leaves a little residue on the car I don't really like. I usually go around my car after I'm through washing it and hit spots with Maguiars Quick Detailer. I've found that when I do this after using AutoDry there's a film on the car. Been using NXT wash and wax, works good for me.

Jason

LaserCobra 98

Established Member
DenverJay said:
I've used it but I've found that it leaves a little residue on the car I don't really like. I usually go around my car after I'm through washing it and hit spots with Maguiars Quick Detailer. I've found that when I do this after using AutoDry there's a film on the car. Been using NXT wash and wax, works good for me.

Jason

That's odd. Mine is still smooth as glass with no film. Perhaps a faulty unit?

angcobra

angcobra
Established Member
Works good for me. The key is rinsing with the filters. The water spots are usaully from minerals in the water. The filters remove the minerals, no minerals, no spots.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
i guess my gun was faulty, when i attatched it to the hose, it would leak ALOT, i guess my hose is the problem, but im not buying another since i just bought the dam autodry set.

but it works wonders, its really true about never having to wipe anything, although i would think about wiping some water off, this cold weather things dont really dry well.
overall i would give it a B+ (maybe if the fricken gun wasnt plastic it wouldnt break so easily)

DenverJay

Established Member
Yeah, could be something screwy with the sprayer, who knows. I recently went back to the old fashioned spong and bucket but with NXT wash. Seems to work pretty good. I will say though that if the Autodry works for you, it is without a doubt the easiest way to wash your car yourself. Very convenient.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Its not a touchless car wash system you still have to hand wash your car to get it clean. Bust out the bucket, fill it with water, some MR Clean soap and a towel and get to washin' follow the instructions for rinsing it off then see what happens. I still do dry my vehicles off some, I spend hours using a claybar, wax and polish so it seems ludacris to not dry off my vehciles, but it is nice to not have water spots anymore after it dries.

I have a black truck and live in hard water hell and it works for me, I do have to change filters out more often, but when the filter starts to look slightly brown I change it out. Very simple, works very well.

Last edited:

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
I have a question about this system. If you wax your car doesn't it normally bead up? I was under the impression that whatever soap was being used in this system was basically stripping any and all wax off the paint in order to prevent water beads.. basically allowing the water to sheet off instead of a million little standing puddles on the paint. This sorta concerned me so I've not given any thought to using this thing but some of you seem to have had good results with it and I'm certain you guys are not the type to want the wax removed so can anyone elaborate on how this thing actually works?

Thanks!

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
I've used it on several different vehicles and my own experience with a dark-colored car (such as my True Blue Cobra) is rather poor. I think if you've got a light colored car, you're more likely to have better results...again from my experience. My parents' car is silver and it looked great afterwards.
The one thing I dislike about the AutoDry is that the amount of time it takes to mist down the car in the final rinse process seems longer than just whipping out an Absorber and doing it yourself. The concept seems good, but I see it as a flawed system for some folks.

r6bullet

Established Member
combatstang said:
mine doesnt work at all!! i hate it!!

black car..

Marc

I'm with this guy, I used mine once and it has never sprayed anything on my car again. I don't like it, maybe it is because my car has to be PERFECT and Mr. Clean didn't do that for me.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I don't like their soap, but I like using it as a water filter. I have also used Meguire's NXT and Maalco soaps in it with no clogging issues, but, it does not sheet unless you use their soap, but I think that it strips the wax pretty quickly.

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
Thank you everyone for the info.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL !

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Black car, extremely hard water (industrial area), follow directions and the car comes out great...you have to have a bucket handy with the soap, and do only one panel at a time. Wet/spray soap/wipe down/rinse/move on to next panel. Do not let the rinse water dry on the car until you've had a chance to hit it with the filtered water.

Absolutely no water spots, no dirt, no film. I'm pretty picky about the finish and I'm happy with it.

I do know that there are different soap formulations that are marketed to combat differing water types in the US, so it may be that there is only one AutoDry formulation for the entire US. That wouldn't be good and that may be part of the problems you guys are having.

LaserCobra 98

Established Member
That's a good point I forgot to mention. I keep my car wet the entire time. I'm constantly going around the car wetting it back down. That could make all the difference in the world...

Users who are viewing this thread