Anyone tried the Clear Mask bra or 3M paint protection mask?

Poolman

Established Member
Anyone tried these paint protection products? Would you do it again? Any thought or knowledge would be helpful. 2004 Comp Orange Cobra, need to drive it on the highway a lot farther than I would like. Thanks.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I dont have it but can tell you for FACT that i would purchase it in a heartbeat if i could rebuy my Fiesta. For $300 its a steal for total front end protection. I drive over 100 miles a day on the highway and the rock chips alone in 20k miles is astounding.

Im going to have to get the front bumper and good repainted after a while and once that is done the front end will be getting the Clear Bra from 3m.

Machdup1

Established Member
I have it on the front of my C6. Works great to protect the paint from rock chips and makes bug clean up easy. Find a good/experienced installer who has a good reputation. I think I paid $795'ish for mine.

The film line across the hood will be off putting at first, but you learn to ignore it the first time you see a rock hit the paint and your realize that it didn't ding your paint.

Just be careful when machine polishing near the edge of the film line.

Now if I can just find a good screen to protect my FMIC from rocks.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I have it on the bumper of my mach (not the hood though) and on the rear bumper behind the wheels. Its great and if you keep the wax away from the edges youd pretty much never know its there...and I dunno why this just now occurred to me but I think Im just gonna start putting blue painters tape over the edge.

Its so hard to see I took it to the detailer I used to use and his damn helper ran a clay bar over one edge before noticing it was there...that was a fun situation

Coiled03

Established Member
I have it on the car I'm selling tomorrow. Would do again in a heartbeat.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
honestly I wish I had done it to my F150 right when I got it, screwed around and waited and now its too late.

Which reminds me need to have the wife's fusion done

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
It depends on the car I suppose. My Fiesta also goes 100 miles a day on the highway but I bought it to drive it and ditch it. I don't care about the paint and by the time I get rid of the car, with the miles it will have it is going to be so depreciated that spending several hundred to protect the paint won't matter one bit.

On the other side of the coin, I would do it on anything you intend to keep nice or that will not depreciate before you intend to sell it.

Users who are viewing this thread