Anyone tried 2003 Specific Steeda Sport Springs

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
I have been debating for a while over which springs to purchase. I would like a drop like the Eibachs but I want it to be level all around or atleast close. I don't want to go as low as the H-R's because I have a wicked speedbump at work and I dont think I could cross it.

I did run across these Steeda ones today that have just recently been put on this site. The say they are 2003 Cobra springs and they have a different set and part number for 99-01 cobras. Has anyone tried these yet?

http://www.stangsuspension.com/store/comersus_viewitem.asp?idproduct=353

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
Well I guess they are not what I am looking for. I found this info on the 2003 Cobra springs on Steeda website:

2003 Cobra Sport Springs
• 1.25" front and 1.00" rear
• Front Progressive helical compression constrained by chassis and lower A-frame.
• Rear Progressive helical copmression constrained by chassis and lower A-frame.
• Spring rate front working range 720-780lb/in
• Spring rate rear working range 650-790lb/in
• Steeda's performance lowering springs improve the overall handling of the 2003 Cobra by lowering the center of gravity and reducing body roll and pitching motion. The reduced longitudinal pitch of the vehicle during heavy braking, due to the optimized spring calibration, improves the overall braking efficiency. The higher rate of the front springs reduces the amount of load transferred to the front tires. This causes the load on all four tires to be more evenly distributed providing additional traction to the rear tires. The additional gain in rear traction usually results in reduced braking distances.
The proportionate increase in spring rate also reduces body roll, which limits adverse suspension movement. This confines the suspension geometry to stay within parameters that enhance the tires contact patch relative to the road, The result is improved vehicle cornering and handling, because front and rear tire loading is more evenly distributed. Therefore, higher cornering limits can be achieved because the built in understeer characteristics are reduced and provide for a more neutral yet safe vehicle.

Why drop the front more than the rear when its already got a lower front?

Last edited:

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
Originally posted by Johnny Random
Well I guess they are not what I am looking for. I found this info on the 2003 Cobra springs on Steeda website:

2003 Cobra Sport Springs
• 1.25" front and 1.00" rear

Why drop the front more than the rear when its already got a lower front?

very good question.

konakimo

Established Member
I put the steeda sports on mine two weeks ago and left the lower rubbers out on the back ( as per the tech that did the install ) theres a thread on this site with pics from 24 hours after the install, it turned pretty good, I do not have any sqeeks from the back (less rubbers) and the rake is about level now, it has settled down some since the first pics, no problems with any speed bumps or etc... so far, the ride is very good, feels about like before if not better, hope this helps. :) heres the shortcut http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=63502&highlight=steedas+installed

MTI LS1

I just ordered the Steeda Sports last week. They should be here anytime. I had the H&R's, but the car was too low for my driveway, and now I dont have to worry about it being so low. Austin has alot of hills and bumps, so I think the Steedas will better. If anyone wants to buy my H&R's, we can work something out. They have only been on the car for about 1500-2000 miles.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Have the Steeda Sport Springs on my DSG....Love em! Car sits great, rides as good if not better, and certainly handles better.

konakimo

Established Member
Bigzach, do you have any pics with the h&r`s, I might like to have them, what do you want for them or pm me thanks , steve.

Users who are viewing this thread