Anyone thought of trying this?

97Snake1668

Amazon Racing-None Better
Established Member
I just read this in the new MM&FF:

www.snowperformance.net

This seems like it would be a great bang for the buck. Not sure if it would work on our engines though. I have emailed the people at Snow and am waiting on a reply. Let me know what you all think.

Semper Fi,
Kris

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Same thing, seems interesting, but I'm gonna talk to rick at amazon when I get my pulley put on to see what he thinks about it. I've only heard of one guy with an 03 to have it on there, and he says nothing but good things. I just want a pro to tell me what he thinks...

forged5.4dohc

Established Member
my engine builder is a distributor for snow,he has them on all of his vehicles and swears by it.would be more helpful on a blown car.

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
It depends on who you talk to.. some say its a wonderful product, some say its shit.. just depends on who you talk to... personally, after doing research, I was conserned with a inhernt issue on blown cars if you have to spray into the blower, not after the blower (like our roots style...) because the alch. will wear down the teflon coating on the rotor blades, causing them to loose pressure in the long run because it messes up the seal...

Just something to think about...

If I had a centrifical blower and could use that after the blower, I would jump on it.. but before the blower... no way, not for me!!

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
They are saying that after 2 years of use, they have seen no wear at all on a car that ran this setup. I don't know if I totally believe that. They say it happens like this because the alch. all evaporates before it ever gets near the SC. I'm a little sceptial too. The guy at snow said the system itself doesn't really give you that much more HP or boost, it's the ability to turn up the timing and such that gives you such a big HP gain. I dunno.. I may do it just to see, seeing as it's only like 300. The problem is, you have to make sure that resevoir is always full, because if you run the higher timing, without the alch, there goes your engine...

mystangs

572/677 Hehe
Established Member
Originally posted by jcayer
It depends on who you talk to.. some say its a wonderful product, some say its shit.. just depends on who you talk to... personally, after doing research, I was conserned with a inhernt issue on blown cars if you have to spray into the blower, not after the blower (like our roots style...) because the alch. will wear down the teflon coating on the rotor blades, causing them to loose pressure in the long run because it messes up the seal...

Just something to think about...

If I had a centrifical blower and could use that after the blower, I would jump on it.. but before the blower... no way, not for me!!

Easy fix James, blow the seal then upgrade to a KB. :burnout: Give me a call when you get a chance.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
If nothing else, keep your same boost level and timing and have the snow system backed off so it only uses a little squirt at the highest boost levels to safeguard against detonation/pinging.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
It would be nice if it had a engine cutoff in the event the thing doesn't work. Seems like a timebomb to me. One instance of it not doing the job and your out an engine.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by johnsonl
It would be nice if it had a engine cutoff in the event the thing doesn't work. Seems like a timebomb to me. One instance of it not doing the job and your out an engine.
I dont think it would take much to wire something up, BUT having the engine die if it failed could be very dangerous. The system comes with a low fluid level if I remember correctly. detonation, if your pushing high boost timing should be noticable and if it occures and your low snow light comes on then get off the gas immediatly. While not a greta plan with a stock engine a well built one should be able to handle a couple seconds of detomation.

Don03cobra

Established Member
It is poop.
I had it on my 90 s trimmed GT (519 at the wheels) , I did extensive datalogging.. and found out that this kit did nothing for me . I tried tap water, distilled water, alchahol... did nothing for me whatsover.
It did lower my ACTs while idling if I were to manually hit the button, but as soon as I took off they went right back where they would be if the system were off.

jleews6

Established Member
I was using that stuff 10 years ago on my Grand national's and I will argue with anyone that says it dont work. A friend of mine still has his T type and he can run 21# of boost on pump gas with the alcahol with only 2* of knock on the shift from second to third.

The most he can run on pump gas without the alc. is 15#. any more than that and it will knock like crazy and spit a gasket. I had a high timing race chip in my buick that required C16. but I could run that chip on pump gas with alcahol with only 3 to 4* of retard.

I want to run it on my Cobra but I was woried if it would hurt the blower.

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
Originally posted by mystangs
Easy fix James, blow the seal then upgrade to a KB. :burnout: Give me a call when you get a chance.

OH yeah... DUH... Why didn't I think of that:rollseyes

I will call you after work chris, did you bring the cobra to work today?:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread