Anyone still need 2013 at MSRP?

Drwalker02

2013 GT500 Addict
Established Member
In my search for 2013 GT500, I've spoken with Toby Bruton up in Kansas City, MO. I put my $2000 deposit down, and place an order for a car. when he did not get schedule is as soon as they thought it would, I started looking online for a car that was already on a lot somewhere. I spoke with a couple of members on here, taking the order over if I did not fulfill it.

The information was forwarded to the individual I wanted to place an order, and we've a make changes to my original order to get specifications. Order has electronic package, recaro seats, performance package, track package, regular roof although this can be changed, and is currently deep impact blue with white stripes. Seller in Kansas City said that the colors and minor option changes can occur, particularly the color exterior, stripe color, and glass roof added or taken off.

The other member who wanted the order and made changes, decided that he didn't know for sure if he wanted a GT500 versus Laguna Seca did not want to makits 60,000 Dollar mistake. He has backed out of the order. My deposit is still in place and I cannot get back someone takes the order, and I know there were several other people that are still looking for someone to place an order. Some of the options already locked in place disorders are you being set up for scheduling.

I would take it but I'm about two hours away from picking up my car that I am committed to, because somebody was taking my previous order.

PM if you are interested in ordering a GT500 of fairly rapid delivery. the colors can still be changed, Glass roof can be added or deleted, but whenever trying to change other options, the computer had a lock in place already: the VIN number is being put together.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Hey guys, Toby is great. If you are looking for a car, I'd recommend you go with Drwalkers post and give him a call.

He has the one mentioned above, and also another order in, not pulled yet, but suspected to be pulled in the next week or two.

So 2 people might benefit off this.

mach330

Established Member
He has the one mentioned above, and also another order in, not pulled yet, but suspected to be pulled in the next week or two.

I hope you aren't talking about mine, as I have an order placed and money down in Kansas City...

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
I hope you aren't talking about mine, as I have an order placed and money down in Kansas City...

No. I'm talking about mine lol. I had an order in with him, I just backed out this morning from it, so it's available.

farmboy90

Established Member
In VA. And build date is July 16th. :burnout:

03Cobra05GT, what is the ETA for the original date from the Crossley dealership? If that order is partially locked and ready to be built, why would you jump to another dealer with a build date of July 16th?

I can only assume the original order is scheduled to be built much later? But if that was true, why is the order partially locked? :??:

I guess I am just trying to figure out what the status or ETA is of the original order you had.

jtfx6552

Established Member
Seems like the KC dealer is getting yanked around. Took two MSRP orders, and in no time two guys cancelled.

reason4treason

Established Member
best of luck to all, because for at least half of us since this saga began, it has been, and in some case continues to be, and ordeal.

I emailed him, and I'm for realz. But I didn't get a reply back and meanwhile a local dealer who I had talked with end of March beginning of April emailed me, so I'll see how it works out.

if he's msrp and does indeed have imminent delivery Toby is going to be just fine. only if he had to move like 20 would he have to risk getting at least a few grey hairs

Last edited:

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
03Cobra05GT, what is the ETA for the original date from the Crossley dealership? If that order is partially locked and ready to be built, why would you jump to another dealer with a build date of July 16th?

I can only assume the original order is scheduled to be built much later? But if that was true, why is the order partially locked? :??:

I guess I am just trying to figure out what the status or ETA is of the original order you had.

No, sorry if I was unclear in this thread, but I did state it in other threads. My order with Toby has not been pulled yet. Still sitting as order processing. I have no time frame at all. All I know is that his zone rep was there last week, and said that he "expects" the order to be pulled in the next week or two. But after I waited 12 weeks on my original order, I really don't like the unsure feeling of "expecting" something to get pulled. It was nothing personal against Toby or the dealer, as they were very nice to work with and updated me each week, even though there wasn't much of an update to give.

Hope that clears it up.

Seems like the KC dealer is getting yanked around. Took two MSRP orders, and in no time two guys cancelled.

I think I can speak for drwalker on this one, as I'm sure he echos my same feelings as above. We both waited a very long time on our original orders. We both happened to find a car that was already built, or in process. A sure deal vs the unsure. That's why we jumped ship.

best of luck to all, because for at least half of us since this saga began, it has been, and in some case continues to be, and ordeal.

I emailed him, and I'm for realz. But I didn't get a reply back and meanwhile a local dealer who I had talked with end of March beginning of April emailed me, so I'll see how it works out.

if he's msrp and does indeed have imminent delivery Toby is going to be just fine. only if he had to move like 20 would he have to risk getting at least a few grey hairs

I really hope everything works out for you. I know your ordeal is a little different then what I've gone through to get this car, but I feel your pain and I'm really hoping for you. :beer:

Drwalker02

2013 GT500 Addict
Established Member
Yes I feel bad for the KC dealer myself and ive spoken to Toby on Several occasions. They are great to work with. When I originally placed my order there, their rep was sure it would have a schedule and VIN in two weeks. At the end of the third it still wasn't and I didn't want to have another problem like I did with my original order here in TX. I had also already talked with a couple of members on here who wanted my order slot if I did cancel or else I would have never jumped ship

jtfx6552

Established Member
I think I can speak for drwalker on this one, as I'm sure he echos my same feelings as above. We both waited a very long time on our original orders. We both happened to find a car that was already built, or in process. A sure deal vs the unsure. That's why we jumped ship.

Right, but you guys were each waiting for cars from different dealers, not the KC dealer?

Have both orders been taken over yet? It would be nice if two SVT'ers stepped in.

farmboy90

Established Member
Right, but you guys were each waiting for cars from different dealers, not the KC dealer?

Have both orders been taken over yet? It would be nice if two SVT'ers stepped in.

I've been speaking with Toby since Friday about taking over the order. We are doing the paperwork in the morning. :) I just need to change a couple of options (which as of Friday were no problem), and then I'll be all set! :rockon:

Drwalker02

2013 GT500 Addict
Established Member
I've been speaking with Toby since Friday about taking over the order. We are doing the paperwork in the morning. :) I just need to change a couple of options (which as of Friday were no problem), and then I'll be all set! :rockon:

Rock on dude! Glad it worked out

Users who are viewing this thread