Anyone seen the Sean Hyland Raptor? I DID

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
It's pretty ballistic. I seen in in Ocotillo Wells California when I was on the way home from work a few weeks back. He was down from canada testing his Raptor that had a 750hp motor in it. Maybe it was the Super Snake motor. I was talking to him for a lil while and didn't realize it was him until he gave me his business card. cool guy. They plan on selling it from what he told me.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
So far the two guys who have modded these trucks to sell (Hennessey/SH) are the two guys I would never buy a vehicle from...

I think Ford put enough engineering into the Raptor. I'd settle with a 5.4L model with a whipple.

Edit: Oh, and pics or it didn't happen.

SOCOMech

Established Member
I had heard about them doing something with it a long time ago, (that link was from last summer) guess they went ahead and did it. One thing that does strike me as odd though is that they list it as coming with a 4-speed auto or 6-speed manual, lol. They either got their facts wrong or they're doing some serious modifications.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
So far the two guys who have modded these trucks to sell (Hennessey/SH) are the two guys I would never buy a vehicle from...

I know that you're not the only one to say this about SHM, but..

I've got a SHM built SB in my beast and she's seen her fair share of boost for over five years now. I guess I'm lucky lol.

Forgot to mention, I've also have SHM spec Blower Cams on SHM Ported Heads (Stg 1). Great units. The sticks are very similiar to the Comp 270ah. Yes, Full Exhaust.

At DaSilva Racing, I put down 488rwhp on 12# of boost from my 2.3L Whipple. 78 degrees outside. (Dynojet though)

Up here, we don't have the luxury of choosing as many Engine Builders as you guys, but I have no problem with the guy. :beer:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I know that you're not the only one to say this about SHM, but..

I've got a SHM built SB in my beast and she's seen her fair share of boost for over five years now. I guess I'm lucky lol.

Forgot to mention, I've also have SHM spec Blower Cams on SHM Ported Heads (Stg 1). Great units. The sticks are very similiar to the Comp 270ah. Yes, Full Exhaust.

At DaSilva Racing, I put down 488rwhp on 12# of boost from my 2.3L Whipple. 78 degrees outside. (Dynojet though)

Up here, we don't have the luxury of choosing as many Engine Builders as you guys, but I have no problem with the guy. :beer:

I'm happy for you bro. The previous owner of my car said he bought the car with an SHM motor and he had to get it rebuilt because it ran so bad. I had SHM parts in the heads of the engine when I bought it, and everything went to hell and screwed the motor. I just don't trust his stuff anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread