Anyone seen the Fast Emblem Like The Ford Oval Emblem?

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
If you know what I am talking about, or know where to get it, post up please.

Essentially, its an oval emblem just like the Ford one on the back of our Cobras, but it says Fast instead of Ford, and its in the same font style.

Tell me someone else has seen this :)

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
i would like to see what one looks like...post pics if you get one

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
Ok, so its a sticker only then? I actually thought it was a real emblem, heh

4CEFED

Looters Choice
Established Member
Heres a pic of the one i got, if you didnt know no diff you would think its an emblem.
dsc01390.jpg

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
that does look pretty good.....so basically its just a "gel" decal that gets placed exactly over the original emblem so you cant see any of the edges, right?

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
Hmmm, not bad at all. What could you put on it to make sure it truly stays on?

4CEFED

Looters Choice
Established Member
Originally posted by WS6JJP
that does look pretty good.....so basically its just a "gel" decal that gets placed exactly over the original emblem so you cant see any of the edges, right?
Yeah........might try little dabs of super glue

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
im not sure about super glue...sometimes it has a reaction with plastic parts and hazes them up with the fumes from the glue.....maybe a good model glue?? (not cheap stuff like Testors)

how good is the adhesive thats on there? will it hold up?

NJCOBRA10thA

Really thats my last mod.
Established Member
I think the adhesive is pretty good. Mine's been through snow, rain, carwashes. Body shop used a power buffer and that all but ripped it off it was very loose, but I straightened it out and before I could try crazy glue it just stuck well again, can't explain but I am super pleased with mine.

I have the carbon fiber looking SVT COBRA with the snake in the middle.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
I had the Black Terminator one on for about six months. It fell off. I'm not 100% sure that I didn't help it during washing the car. It looked good while it lasted.....

4CEFED

Looters Choice
Established Member
im not sure about super glue...sometimes it has a reaction with plastic parts and hazes them up with the fumes from the glue.....maybe a good model glue?? (not cheap stuff like Testors)

how good is the adhesive thats on there? will it hold up?
yeah good point.......mine seems to be holding on

jdl1000

Established Member
Looks good but holy sh!t 33.00 plus shipping for one small sticker that may or may not fall off. I dont know?

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I've had three thus far and all fell off within a couple of days to a week or so. I even cleaned the surface with rubbing alcohol prior to sticking it on. I may have got some bad adheasive on mine, I don't know. My SS bumper inserts have been on the car for 16 months now and they haven't fallen off! :shrug:

U.M.

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
Originally posted by Uncle Meat
I've had three thus far and all fell off within a couple of days to a week or so. I even cleaned the surface with rubbing alcohol prior to sticking it on. I may have got some bad adheasive on mine, I don't know. My SS bumper inserts have been on the car for 16 months now and they haven't fallen off! :shrug:

U.M.

will they replace the ones that fall off, or did you have to buy all 3 of them?

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
will they replace the ones that fall off, or did you have to buy all 3 of them?

They sent me new ones. I just got tired of trying to keep them on.

U.M.

GotGrunt

Established Member
Originally posted by postban
http://svtcustoms.com/
Don't buy anything from SVTCustoms!!! I paid $20.95 plus $5.95 (for "shipping") for a carbon fiber "Fast" emblem and ended up with a carbon fiber "Terminator" emblem instead. It arrived in an envelope with 37-cent postage!!! I see my $5.95 went to good use. I have e-mailed him MANY times with no response AT ALL! Even if he at least acknowledged that he made a mistake and sent me the wrong one or even just replied to ONE of my e-mails, I wouldn't feel so ripped off. Anyways, since I pretty much realized that I spent $26.90 on something I didn't want / order, I decided to install it anyways (yeah, even though mine's a '98). It lasted all of 2 days. It started peeling and would have fallen completely off on its own, but I ended up ripping it off and throwing it in the trash where it belongs. Hey SVTCustoms, check your damn e-mail! :fm:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread