Anyone running Yokohama S Drives?

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Is anyone here running the Yoko S Drives? I found them at Tire Rack and can get them from Tire Barn installed for $154 a tire. I just had the same store put Toyo STII's on my 300 SRT8 and have been very happy.

I bought Avon Tech's to replace the originals and now my rears are shot! I mean past the wear bars. They look like slicks and although my car only see's good weather I'm not crazy. The Avon's I can't find so I'm ordering a set of four of the Yoko's. I'll be smarter about rotation this time around.

And wear lighter shoes. Like that will help.

beabout

Established Member
Not a direct answer to your question. I bought BFG Sports and am happy with them. They are not a drag tire but, handle well and won't break your wallet.

AaronK

Established Member
I have not had them on my car. But when the S Drvie came out, I was paid to beat the crap out of numerous tires on a road course with new BMWs. The S Drive was one of the best in it's class. It obviously didn't do as well as the actual road race tires, but it sure did rise above the other comparable street tires. It did pretty well on wet pavement as well.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Yokohama S Drive..

I was in the same boat and my Cobra tech rec. the Nitto 555, and when I called Discounttiredirect.com, they rec. the same thing, and they are about the same price as the Yokohama's. They said the Yoko's we're a better fit on a BMW. I put a new pair on the back and so far so good. Still have the F1's on the front, when they go, 2 more 555's get installed. Tire Rack doesn't carry the Nitto's. Discount tire direct has all of them. I kept the stock size, good luck...

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
I have not had them on my car. But when the S Drvie came out, I was paid to beat the crap out of numerous tires on a road course with new BMWs. The S Drive was one of the best in it's class. It obviously didn't do as well as the actual road race tires, but it sure did rise above the other comparable street tires. It did pretty well on wet pavement as well.

I want that job! beating tires up on BMW's. They are being put on the car now. The Tire Barn guy's liked the looks and construction. We'll see how they feel tonight!

Users who are viewing this thread