Anyone running Vortech/Paxton with an Aluminator 11:1? Install Question. . .

ColoStang12

Established Member
I know folks are running this combo, I just can't seem to find them in the old threads.

I currently have the Paxton setup and plan to keep it. I have an aluminator 11:1 sitting in the garage about to go into the car.

My question: did you have to replace the front timing cover on the aluminator? It looks like it is missing a bolt hole we need for our mounting plates. I assume that's where they modified the cover to fit the ford racing supercharger parts and pieces.

Any other tips for the install are much appreciated!

JpL4K3

Established Member
I don't know the answer to your question, but I am interested to know why you decided to go with the 11:1 vs. the 9.5:1 for a boosted application?

Last edited:

PC03GT

Established Member
I'm pretty sure Ronnie from Rev Auto has the 11:1 aluminator in his paxton 5.0. He ran 8s last month

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
From what i've seen they make the same power, just the 9.5:1 being safer for boost on pump gas.

11:1 is the way to go, unless it's a 8 sec build... I know someone running 11.25:1 with 16lbs of boost & a 150shot on top of that!
9.5:1 kills the low end torque. Plus who spends the money on a built shortblock to run pump gas?

Sorry for the hijack OP...

ColoStang12

Established Member
I don't know the answer to your question, but I am interested to know why you decided to go with the 11:1 vs. the 9.5:1 for a boosted application?

As the others said, free horsepower. I would have to run a lot more boost to make up for the loss of power with the 9.5:1.

With e85, fuel system, headers, etc. I topped out at 806 rwhp corrected on the stock motor with the 3.33 pulley on paxton, but at altitude it was only 650 uncorrected. I'm really just trying to get to 850ish safely so the motor isn't a ticking time bomb. So I'm not really looking for much more power - just a safer way to keep the power I have. I want to be able to take the car to some out of state events and that's out of the question right now with the stock motor.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
you don't have to replace the cover, typically the 11's had one more bolt than the 12-14's

as far as power, depends on the power level

on high hp applications, If your running fuel / race gas, I recommend the 9.5 to 1, much more forgiving on fuel

e85 the higher compression is ok.

everyone has their preferences

Users who are viewing this thread