Anyone running the Wilwood 6 piston brake kit??

03'Darin

Established Member
AMB

How long have you been running the brakes?

Are you running the pro street kit (140-6155) or the road race kit (140-7191)? The easiest way to tell the difference between the two kits is by the rotors. The pro street kit are drilled and slotted where the road race are just slotted.

Have you done any track events with them and if so how do you like them?

Are you running a proportioning valve with your setup?

Assuming you have had a chance to test their limits, if you had it to do over again would you do things any different?

Where did you buy them and if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for them?

I actually have the MM stainless brake lines sitting at home ready to go on my car. I just put a set on my wife's 97' Cobra and have not had time to do mine yet. I realize that if I buy a brake kit the lines probably won't be compatable......maybe that's why I haven't made time to put them on yet.

Sorry for all of the questions. Thanks for the help and tips.

Darin

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by 03'Darin
BRIAN "R" you out there???

I'm here and readin, you are doing a great job!!!!!!! I agree with all you are saying. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Brian

03'Darin

Established Member
I've been waiting for you to catch up with this post:thumbsup: .

Grab a :beer: and throw in some of your vast knowledge.

Darin

Cobra-R

Established Member
I've been waiting for you to catch up with this post:thumbsup: .

Grab a :beer: and throw in some of your vast knowledge.

Darin

Vast Knowlage?????? Hmm, push middle pedal, car go screech. :smmon: :smmon: :smmon: Glad I could share my knowlage with you. ;):beer:

Brian

TOC

Established Member
03'Darin,
No first hand experience with the StopTech's. Been following some on the discussions over at Corner-Carver's. I see that there is someone using them in an AIX car (posts under the name onralz).

Certainly, I'll be talking to the folks at Stop Tech before I make the plunge.

Last edited:

AMB

Established Member
03'Darin
I got the 140-6155-D kit from Summit for $1243.95+s/h $37.90 on 2-3-03. Use the R/R kit (140-7191) for the track. Do not use the drilled rotors on the track. Proportional valve not required for the street, BUT may be used/required for hard track use. I have used the brakes at over 160mph and I would recomend them and I would do it over again.

AMB

03'Darin

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R
Vast Knowlage?????? Hmm, push middle pedal, car go screech. :smmon: :smmon: :smmon: Glad I could share my knowlage with you. ;):beer:

Brian

I like to use the rules of the go kart tracks. "Gas on the right, brake on the left.......NO BUMPING".:lol: :lol:

03'Darin

Established Member
Originally posted by AMB
03'Darin
I got the 140-6155-D kit from Summit for $1243.95+s/h $37.90 on 2-3-03. Use the R/R kit (140-7191) for the track. Do not use the drilled rotors on the track. Proportional valve not required for the street, BUT may be used/required for hard track use. I have used the brakes at over 160mph and I would recomend them and I would do it over again.

AMB

My car will only see occasional track use but I am looking at the road race kit. I am looking at that kit because I want the brakes to be capable of both street and track use without having to change anything other than pads and fresh fluid. The race kit comes with the directional vented rotors (slotted not drilled), the upgraded pistons for better heat resistance, and the race pads (I would only run these at track events).

Darin

Cobra-R

Established Member
I like to use the rules of the go kart tracks. "Gas on the right, brake on the left.......NO BUMPING".:lol: :lol:

:beer: :beer: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

"no Bumping" unless they deserve it. ;)

Cobra-R

Established Member
Rubbing is not bumping.......right????

Right!! Rubbing is communicating your displeasure with the other persons' presence on the track. Bumping is doing something about it. :D :D

Brian

ps: I have and would never do this for anyone out there that may think we are being serious

03'Darin

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R
Brian

ps: I have and would never do this for anyone out there that may think we are being serious [/B]

That's the difference of racing and track time.;-) ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread