Anyone running the Strange Engineering half-shafts ?

Avenger

Established Member
Hey guys,

I keep breaking half-shafts at the track and really want to stay with the independant rear suspension. DSS is out of the question and I've heard from S&S Chassis / Strange that their 03-04 Cobra half-shaft has been available since April...

Just wondering if anyone is actually running them with success. Some feedback would be appreciated before dropping $2100 on a set of half-shafts. :uh oh:

Thanks !

Comp04svt

Established Member
Would like to know as well....Ill be in the market to upgrade mine soon....

Just wondering what's wrong with the DSS's that you wouldnt buy those??

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
Hey guys,

I keep breaking half-shafts at the track and really want to stay with the independant rear suspension. DSS is out of the question and I've heard from S&S Chassis / Strange that their 03-04 Cobra half-shaft has been available since April...

Just wondering if anyone is actually running them with success. Some feedback would be appreciated before dropping $2100 on a set of half-shafts. :uh oh:

Thanks !

What modifications do you have on your IRS?

Avenger

Established Member
BilletFlow diff brace, MM urethane subframe bushings and 14mm bolt with aluminium diff bushing kit for proper pinion angle adjustment. Usually cutting consistent 1.54 - 1.56 60ft on stock suspension

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
Are you hopping when you break? A significant portion of wheel hop and subsequent axle failure comes from inadequate bushing material in the control arms.

Avenger

Established Member
I know... I sent an email for an update this morning but later went through some older emails and realized they had already sent me an introductory offer (.doc file) for people that would buy before April 15, 2009. Got that email on March 31st, 2009.

Users who are viewing this thread