anyone running the mac catback

redz_02

Established Member
just wondering how it sounds and so on. loved the mac catback on my friends 00 gt with an offroad prochamber.

ITHAULS

GIT'R DUN
Established Member
It seems to be a love/hate thing with the Mac. I see people bashing them on here sometimes because they said theirs' corroded. Maybe they're up north or something. I like mine, it sounds good, tips look real good, and no corrosion so far (1yr+), what's not to like?

redz_02

Established Member
damn, what happened to that thing, wonder if mothers would help other than the foot extension out the side, looks like a step.
I kinda like the way it is stock since its new it's just the front pipe on mine isn't level and hits the ground effects.

Torn between a catback for my lightning or a tubular front end for my 87 mustang.

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
I have a MAC catback. It did start to rust on me withen the first week I had it. The rust is ONLY on the inside. It has the HTS coating on the outside so the rust comes out the tips. Some people have had this problem, some people have not. I have found as long as you keep the tips clean and dont let them go unwashed for a while, you can keep the rust at bay. I wash mine once a week, so I keep the rust at bay for right now.

I think the MAC sounds great. But I must warn you. It gets a lot louder when you break it in. So dont be disapointed when you first start it up.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
need a custom catback

Originally posted by redz_02
damn, what happened to that thing, wonder if mothers would help other than the foot extension out the side, looks like a step.
I kinda like the way it is stock since its new it's just the front pipe on mine isn't level and hits the ground effects.

Torn between a catback for my lightning or a tubular front end for my 87 mustang.

As soon as I put the silverbullet on I will have my setup for sale. summit tips,x-pipe, and a set of turbo mufflers if you are intersted let me know will probally sell the whole setup for under $200. It sounds good under normal driving and better than stock at WOT and does not drone out the passengers.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
i've had mine for about a month, and it sounds good. there is a slight rus on the inside, but some high heat spray paint will take care of that.

redz_02

Established Member
00svt, keep me posted, i might be going to garland in the near future so we'll see. What exactly is the silver bullets

Last edited:

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
SilverBullet =magnapacks w/x-pipe

Originally posted by redz_02
00svt, keep me posted, i might be going to garland in the near future so we'll see. What exactly is the silver bullets

To answer your question it is a setup sold by JDM. Another thing you can do is join NLOC and pay for the membership and you can get good deal's from vendors and Group Buys. There is a huge list of vendors on the site that you can't go wrong with. If you need to know something about the L, it more or less has been discussed on NLOC. just do a search and you can't go wrong.

P.S.
Check out the local club section on NLOC there has to be a Lightning club near Corpis. I im in TALON club, I know there is one in Houston called HALO, and one I beleive in San Antonio as well.

RUNVS?

Established Member
I've had a MAC on my '01 for almost two years and I'm very pleased with it. No rust and the tips still look great. I painted the inside with some 900 degree enamel which helps the cleanup process.

I added LFP (Bassani) catpipes to it about four months ago and it is VERY aggressive. Sounds as good as systems costing twice the money.

MAC_01.sized.jpg

Last edited:

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
Originally posted by RUNVS?

I added LFP (Bassani) catpipes to it about four months ago and it is VERY aggressive. Sounds as good as systems costing twice the money.

That is the same setup that I want to do!!

Is it to loud? Does it drone real bad on the highway?
Mine is my daily driver, and I dont want something that is going to rattle my teeth.

RUNVS?

Established Member
Since I put the hi-flow cats on, the MAC does put off some freeway drone........ but it's not that bad. That, or I've just gotten used to it. No problem with holding a conversation with passengers in the cab.

I find myself staying light on the throttle in my neighborhood late at night, though. No need to piss of the neighbors. My wife says our dogs hear me coming as soon as I turn into the subdivision.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread