Anyone running the Davies Craig EBP25 IC pump?

PM-Performance

Established Member
Since this actually seems to be a topic people are following now, if anyone cares here is the video I made when I did the install

Marty Staggs

Twin Boost
Established Member
Robert, it is REALLY easy. No it does not use the OE mount - it has its own.
One day I will rip the front off my car and show you how I did it.

PM-Performance

Established Member
The thing is. . . i did not have to do anything crazy or remove the front of the car. This was a simple grill removal to get to the pump. This is the main reason i went with this unit.

^^and that is a good video on the R&R of the 2007-2012 GT500 pump.

R

Thank you very much sir. I appreciate the kind words

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
The thing is. . . i did not have to do anything crazy or remove the front of the car. This was a simple grill removal to get to the pump. This is the main reason i went with this unit.

^^^^Yes, that was a direct bolt on. It directly replaced the oem pump in the oem bracket in the oem location, even the oem harness directly plugged into it with no adaptor harness.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

I am not saying the 9025 can not be fitted into the 2007-2012 system, I'm sure it can be.

...........and at some point if you are in that area again, I would like to see how it fits in. Options are always nice, and the 9025 looks similar to what Ford moved to with the 2013/14 I/C pump. I still question why they did not just install the 2013/14 pump in the 2007-2012 location? It may have been for the added design of the bypass hose in the system?

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
So the 9105 is a driect bolt in? What about the harness?

Yes, the same harness plug/pigtail also.

I have both pumps (oem and Davies Craig) side-by-side at the house, I will shoot some pictures and add them to this discussion, hopefully I will get the pictures taken this evening.

R

PM-Performance

Established Member
Yes, the same harness plug/pigtail also.

I have both pumps (oem and Davies Craig) side-by-side at the house, I will shoot some pictures and add them to this discussion, hopefully I will get the pictures taken this evening.

R
I guess people did not want to check the view. lol. I may have some pics still on my phone

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Here is the side-by-side............

Shown in the first picture is an oem 2007-2012 GT500 pump (dirty), a replacement Bosch pump and the Davies Craig plug and play replacement.

001.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

^^^^^Since this pump (as a EBP-25) appears to be being replaced with a EBP-25 that is not a plug and play, I grabbed a couple. The pump alone is the part number 9105 as has been mentioned above. There is also an option for this pump which includes a pigtail harness with an inline fuse, it is a 9005. The 9105 pump with the fuse is about $10 more than the 9105 pump by itself.

007.jpg

008.jpg

I forgot, here is the Davies Craig with a cut off oem pigtail plugged into it........

006.jpg

^^^^Fits perfectly.

...............and one other side-by-side view......

004.jpg

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I guess people did not want to check the view. lol. I may have some pics still on my phone

I watched your video and it was very informative, and your information got me going down the path of researching this pump further and then figuring out that Davies Craig is changing the EBP-25 and that I better grab it at the 9105 and 9005 pump option before they are all gone. If you go to the Davies Craig site and enter EBP-25 in the search, this pump is no longer shown, so they are getting rid of what is left and appear to be consolidating all of their pumps to a pump that resembles the 2013/14 GT500 pump, but with no "plug and play" of that pump to the 2007-2012 GT500.

Thank you again for your information and video, I would have known nothing about this pump without this thread. It is nice to have a direct 2007-2012 I/C pump replacement option with the greater 2013/14 I/C pump GPM flow................and then of course a brushless motor.

R

PM-Performance

Established Member
I watched your video and it was very informative, and your information got me going down the path of researching this pump further and then figuring out that Davies Craig is changing the EBP-25 and that I better grab it at the 9105 and 9005 pump option before they are all gone. If you go to the Davies Craig site and enter EBP-25 in the search, this pump is no longer shown, so they are getting rid of what is left and appear to be consolidating all of their pumps to a pump that resembles the 2013/14 GT500 pump, but with no "plug and play" of that pump to the 2007-2012 GT500.

Thank you again for your information and video, I would have known nothing about this pump without this thread. It is nice to have a direct 2007-2012 I/C pump replacement option with the greater 2013/14 I/C pump GPM flow................and then of course a brushless motor.

R

Thank you for the support and feedback. I am glad the videos are of some help to someone. Feel free to check out the other videos in the playlist for GT500 content. I try to do as much tech related videos as I can when installing parts in hopes it helps someone in the future

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Thank you for the support and feedback. I am glad the videos are of some help to someone. Feel free to check out the other videos in the playlist for GT500 content. I try to do as much tech related videos as I can when installing parts in hopes it helps someone in the future

Please keep the videos coming when you have a GT500 project, I am somewhat good with pictures and side-by-sides but not so good with the video thing.

R

PM-Performance

Established Member
Please keep the videos coming when you have a GT500 project, I am somewhat good with pictures and side-by-sides but not so good with the video thing.

R
Will do. I used to take pics, but since everything is soo video centric anymore, I just take a couple quick pics for IG to link to the video.
I am one of those people that I learn better by seeing the whole process, so I try to teach like I learn if that makes sense.
People tend to leave out pieces when they edit too much out, or take pics only.

Calico Shelby

Established Member
I never got around to installing this pump, but I would like to do so eventually. I watched the video and the direct fit part is 9005 or 9105? I want to pick up one before the stock runs out. Thanks.

Last edited:

PM-Performance

Established Member
I never got around to installing this pump, but I would like to do so eventually. I watched the video and the direct fit part is 9005 or 9105? I want to pick up one before the stock runs out. Thanks.
9105 and 9005 are the same pump. I think the difference is just one has a harness for an extra charge

Calico Shelby

Established Member
I was lucky to get the very last Davies Craig EBP-25 kit that Summit Racing had in stock. I got it in yesterday and installed in my 12 this morning. This was a super easy install in a 12 GT500. I removed the top radiator cover, and the pump and hoses were right there! There was plenty of slack in both hoses to move it around to get the old hoses off. I used my transfer pump to transfer the coolant to a bowl and transferred it back when done. Took 20 minutes tops and that was with me taking my time. I didn't have to remove the bumper or front grille. Thanks for the video and all the advice, which was a big help. Only downside is this pump is LOUD with my AFCO dual fan setup! So far so good, will report back in the summer for long-term feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread