anyone running the cog setup?

NSSVT

Established Member
just wondering if many people are running the cog belt setup on there factory eaton. i was thinking of putting a 4lb lower on but i love the sound of the cog. so i figured i would buy the cog setup that will give me 4lbs more boost. any input is greatly appreciated.

SADF

Established Member
the cog system will not give u and extra 4 lbs of boost

I think what he meant is that since he was already changing pullies to a 4 lb. lower that he would just go ahead and get the cog setup with the 4 lb. lower. BTW, its the sickest mod I have

NSSVT

Established Member
yeah what sadf said. i was planning on a 4 lb lower. so rather get it with the cog belt set up. hey SADF do you have any videos of your truck showing the cog setup? ive checked youtube and there is only a few. but none of them have taking there truck for a drive in the videos. thanks

jwiles6186

I Hate Speed Bumps!
Established Member
BTW, its the sickest mod I have

Hmmm im pretty partial to the whole bagged suspension myself

Here is a video of yours truly above letting the air out of his bags and spinning the cogged blower

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG9kD3VsxBk"]YouTube- 2001 Ford Lightning[/ame]

LSUstang05

Established Member
It's going to make your s/c ridiculously loud. Worth it on the factory eaton? Probably not. Awesome sound, yes. Also, it's probably going to get very annoying always having a whining blower.

rjleiker

Established Member
forgive me for being out of the loop, but does anyone have pictures or a link to where I can buy a cog setup, I'm really curious as to what this looks like and what this entails.

NSSVT

Established Member
thanks for the link bro! i didnt know that rpm carried the kit. ive heard bad things about rpm though?

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
It's going to make your s/c ridiculously loud. Worth it on the factory eaton? Probably not. Awesome sound, yes. Also, it's probably going to get very annoying always having a whining blower.

itll be loud yeah, but if you had a classic muscle car with a 6-71 or 8-71 they whine like a mofo too...i love the sound.

those sound sweet! but if i remember correctly i thought a few people were having some kind of trouble with these?

What troubles would they have? there isnt anything special about them at all man.

fdx

Established Member
Sounds just like you said, an ol blown muscle car. wicked sound. SADF so where did you get your taillights at?

5lightning0

Greyghost
Established Member
The problem with the cog set-up is when you're staring at it the noise will posses you, eventually leading you to stick your finger in between the belt and cog pulley.
BEWARE!

0'Lightning

Established Member
I have been looking into buying the cog pulley kit for a few weeks now and after researching it for awhile now I've decided to make my order from RPM. I wrote to a few people that had the kit installed a few years back( I saw from old posts) and here is what one guy said:

"Thanks for suffering through one of my rants online, heh..
... the kit is holding up perfectly, never even needed to replace a belt (I have two spares)."

...and he installed back in 07' :eek:
I hear that the Cogs over heat the eaton, so I'm also looking at a port to go with it. Possibly a Snake Bite port :rockon:

RPM sucks, I had to wait 2 months for a Water/Meth kit from them. Only other manufacturer I know if is DMR, but I cant seem to find their site....:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread