Anyone running Pirelli P Zero Nero M&S?

tdo

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
no such thing as an all season tire. three seasons, sure. but not four.

if you have the storage space, you're better off with a set of snows and a set of decent summer tires.

I have considered that. Price and storage are an issue. Luckily, I only have to drive 20 miles to work each day in a mostly country setting.

Thanks. :)

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
i keep forgetting how we broke the weather and how we in the great lakes region only need the pure snows a couple of times a winter (unless you get massive lake effect)

so perhaps im down on the m+s tires when i dont really need to be. that said, id hate to run an m+s tire all summer long. the noise alone would drive me crazy, never mind the people laughing at me for having mudders on a cobra....

tdo

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
never mind the people laughing at me for having mudders on a cobra....

:-D :lol:

I run mudders on the 2000 GT (Traction T/A's) and love them. They can laugh all they want as long as I pull away from them. :-D

The Traction T/A's hook so good and have a 8.9 dry on Tirerack, that is why I am considering the Pirelli's for the Cobra (9.0 on tirerack). On a budget, they seem to be the best combo of passable winter tire, while hooking better than the F1's on the car (ANYTHING has got to be better than those tires).

Maybe it is a pipe dream, but I was hoping the Pirellis would do for the Cobra, what the Traction T/As did for the GT (the stock Comp T/A's did nothing but spin).

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
I've been running the Pirelli P Zero Nero M&S on my '01 for about 1,000 miles so far. Remarkably stickie for all-season tires... even in cold weather. No snow experience, which I avoid anyway. Heard they do fairly well in light snow, but are NOT snow tires, which you need for regular snow driving. I don't drive daily so car sits for a few days at a time...so some minor flat spotting...due to softer compound? Very happy with these tires. Although their not max performance summer tires their pretty damn close from a handling perspective. They feel better than the original BFG T/A's. Really depends on how much winter driving you need to do and if you can leave her home on deep snow days.

out99sider

Established Member
hmm those look familiar. i've had them on since August of 04'. i've never really had to deal with the all season element, considering today the weather was shorts and a t shirt.

tdo

Established Member
CobraRed01 said:
I've been running the Pirelli P Zero Nero M&S on my '01 for about 1,000 miles so far. Remarkably stickie for all-season tires... even in cold weather. No snow experience, which I avoid anyway. Heard they do fairly well in light snow, but are NOT snow tires, which you need for regular snow driving. I don't drive daily so car sits for a few days at a time...so some minor flat spotting...due to softer compound? Very happy with these tires. Although their not max performance summer tires their pretty damn close from a handling perspective. They feel better than the original BFG T/A's. Really depends on how much winter driving you need to do and if you can leave her home on deep snow days.

Thank you, that is helpful. :)

In heavy snow (which we get maybe 5 days a year), I have figured out I can have the wife drive me in her car or take a local shuttle bus. So I should be golden. Cool. Looks like these tires are for me. :)

Users who are viewing this thread