Anyone running MM coilover and 9.5"s in front?

Bigggy

Established Member
So here is my problem, just got my wheel and tires which are 18x9.5 ET30 with 275/40/18 and the tire is slightly rubbing the bottom part of the spring. If I remember correctly I have Hypercoil 12inch springs. I'm also running MM camber/caster plate ans I was able to have a bit more room by adding positive camber at the knuckle by moving the shock a bit and correcting that at the plates, but it's still rubbing. So this afternoon, my plan is to remove the shocks and make the top hole more oval for more camber adjustment.

I can't add a spacer, the wheel is already right at the fender line and the cops here are not to shabby about that.

Anyone ever encountered this problem?

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
275/40/18 is quite a large tire. I currently have that size on 18x9's and only runs at full lock. I will be getting 265/35/18's when the time comes. I also have a MM coilover setup.

Bigggy

Established Member
Well grinding the shock a bit did the trick. First time I had the knuckle full positive camber and the plates at full negative and it cleared the coilover but was overall to positive of a camber. By trial and error I was able to get it with the camber that I wanted and clearing the coilovers.

275 is the factory size, but I admit I should have got some 265, next time.

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
I have MM coilovers. In the front I have 12 inch hypercoil springs. I have ran 18X9 wheels in the front with 265/35/18 with no rubbing issues. But now I run 255/40/18 because I wanted bigger sidewall, matches my rear tires better.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Inhad minor rubbing on the coil overs with 18x9.5 with 275/35/18s. I used the enlarged upper strut hole to pull the wheel out a bit more and used the camber plates to dial it in.

Users who are viewing this thread