Anyone running Magnaflow competition quad tips?

455HO71

Established Member
I'm in the midst of installing Magnaflow Competition quad tip axlebacks (for '11/'12 GT) on my '11 along with a 3" Lethal off-road X. I haven't seen too many youtube clips with these mufflers on a GT500 and with the off-road X. Even so, Youtube isn't the best way to hear true sound. I currently have Roush axlebacks with stock mid pipe and they are pretty loud and just wondering what kind of sound I'll be getting compared to what I'm running now.

Anyone have this set up or heard it?

Attachments

• thumbnail_2017-11-02 19.15.25.jpg
    thumbnail_2017-11-02 19.15.25.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 52

MastaAce03

Established Member
I don't run them but I've been in a 13 with off road x and these mufflers. I was in the car for about 10 minutes and had a headache for about 4-5 hours afterwards. They're going to be NASCAR loud and much much louder than your set up now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

455HO71

Established Member
I don't run them but I've been in a 13 with off road x and these mufflers. I was in the car for about 10 minutes and had a headache for about 4-5 hours afterwards. They're going to be NASCAR loud and much much louder than your set up now.

Are you sure they are these ones or the other Magnaflow competitions? They make a set for the 13-14's that have the black tips and are a full 3" with no muffler whatsoever...so it's essentially a muffler delete. I think those are supposed to be louder.

MastaAce03

Established Member
Are you sure they are these ones or the other Magnaflow competitions? They make a set for the 13-14's that have the black tips and are a full 3" with no muffler whatsoever...so it's essentially a muffler delete. I think those are supposed to be louder.

Yeah, they were the black tipped mufflers.

Users who are viewing this thread