Anyone running/heard of a race gas tune

Yellow03snake

Established Member
I sold my NX kit in the hopes of buying a blower about mid year, in the meanwhile I was thinking about running the car on the motor only till then.

Our local track reopens in a few weeks and I've seen some excellent results with the E85 online, which got me thinking.....can a 5.0 get similiar results with a "race gas" tune which I mean 100+ unleaded, without the injector change?

Bud

Established Member
I sold my NX kit in the hopes of buying a blower about mid year, in the meanwhile I was thinking about running the car on the motor only till then.

Our local track reopens in a few weeks and I've seen some excellent results with the E85 online, which got me thinking.....can a 5.0 get similiar results with a "race gas" tune which I mean 100+ unleaded, without the injector change?

Don't see why not, you wouldn't get the cooling benefits that come with E85, but you might be able to get some gains with more timing on something like ms109. Hopefully some others here have tried it and can report how much it was worth.

Yellow03snake

Established Member
Don't see why not, you wouldn't get the cooling benefits that come with E85, but you might be able to get some gains with more timing on something like ms109. Hopefully some others here have tried it and can report how much it was worth.

I emailed my tuner about it and waiting to hear back, it would be pretty sweet to be able to drive the car on 87 during the week, switch the tune and fuel and hit the track :beer:

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
more timing = power
Leaner AFRs' = power
more timing on 93 octane = detonation
Leaner AFRs' on 93 octane = detonation

Tuning is finding the balance. You can run more timing and leaner AFR's on higher octant fuel before you detonate.

Users who are viewing this thread