weareweird69

SVT Addict.
Established Member
100_0649_Medium_.JPG

100_0652_Medium_.JPG

weareweird69

SVT Addict.
Established Member
Thanks! and to my knowledge, I havent seen anyone selling the sportlines for the 03-04 cobras anymore... IDK if I just am not looking in the right place or not...

But, its a litte lower now since I did some sound upgrades ;) Ill try to find a newer picture

03GT_to_03Cobra

Established Member
They don't sell them anywhere anymore, because they were never changed from the 99/01 Cobra and we not supposed to be sold for 03/04 in the first place. I had them on my car for a week, took them off and returned them for H&R Race.

weareweird69

SVT Addict.
Established Member
Thats what came on it when I got it, and they ride fine. why did you guys get rid of them for H&R? I know they are a great spring, but why? Insight please, cause I am a bit too low for the PA pothole roads.

03GT_to_03Cobra

Established Member
Thats what came on it when I got it, and they ride fine. why did you guys get rid of them for H&R? I know they are a great spring, but why? Insight please, cause I am a bit too low for the PA pothole roads.

I got rid of them because, while they looked incredible, they were just too low for me in the back. I couldn't get the car around town without scraping, which I didn't want to worry about. I also rubbed my 295s out back, and didn't want to get my finders rolled.

Much happier with H&R Race, no scraping and still pretty low. :rockon:

Last edited:

weareweird69

SVT Addict.
Established Member
Got any pics? I would have to say I have the same problem. But I love how low mine is. shoot me some pics! I would love to see it, and maybe do the same thing to mine.

03GT_to_03Cobra

Established Member
Got any pics? I would have to say I have the same problem. But I love how low mine is. shoot me some pics! I would love to see it, and maybe do the same thing to mine.

Sure, shoot me your email, and I will send the only photo I have. Otherwise, I'm sure someone will chime in with H&R race photos. I'm pretty low tech and only have the pictures on my phone. I also have a set of MM ISOs in, so it sits about 1/4 inch higher than most.

You are going to miss it being as low as it is, so if you can manage it, keep it like it is. My friend made the same change, and ended up pulling the ISOs out to get it back to sportline height.

weareweird69

SVT Addict.
Established Member
Sure, shoot me your email, and I will send the only photo I have. Otherwise, I'm sure someone will chime in with H&R race photos. I'm pretty low tech and only have the pictures on my phone. I also have a set of MM ISOs in, so it sits about 1/4 inch higher than most.

You are going to miss it being as low as it is, so if you can manage it, keep it like it is. My friend made the same change, and ended up pulling the ISOs out to get it back to sportline height.

Yeah, I agree with you, I think Ill keep my sportlines and make sure my Iso's are in, and deal with it. Yours is very nice, but too high for my liking :-D I might just toss a 1/8" spacer in and leave it be.

Pete's 03

Where's my eating helmet?
Established Member
I have them and love them. The rear was a little low so I added the Maximum Motorsports rear isos and it sits perfect now. Rides great and handles awesome. My 315's clear everything too with no rubbing.

DSC00425.jpg

019-1.jpg

DSC00462-1.jpg

DSC00445.jpg

029.jpg

VEE EIGHT

Banned
I can't decide on whether to go sportlines with iso's or pro kit without iso's.....

I like low, but not necessarily slammed.

03GT_to_03Cobra

Established Member
I can't decide on whether to go sportlines with iso's or pro kit without iso's.....

I like low, but not necessarily slammed.

I suggest avoiding the prokit, definitely get the H&R Race over those. They seem to be pretty soft, so when you come down off a speed bump or something the give is enough that it will make you bottom out even more. In fact I scraped on speed bumps more with the prokit than I ever did with the Race and the Race were definitely lower.

I would say based on drivability Prokit < Sportline < H&R Race, based on height Prokit < H&R Race < Sportline.

Zeekmann

Established Member
Sportlines here, no speedbumps EVER!! Mid pipe is 2.5, 3 inches from the ground. Heres a pic... I am about to put somes 18's on it with this drop. Hope it works :)

april09132.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread