Anyone running E30?

BossMP

Established Member
I have a 13 Boss 302 with a vortec v3si and id 1000 injectors installed....car is otherwise completely stock. The car was originally tuned for 93 octane which is no longer available in my area. Last year I had a new tune installed for 91 octane which is the highest octane rating locally available without going to ethanol. Does anyone here have experience with e30 and do you think it would be safe to run the 93 octane tune I already have? From what I have read e30 should be between 93 and 95 octane but I truly know nothing about ethanol fuels and their burn rates so I don't know if this is an acceptable option or not. I just know the car ran much better on the 93 tune than on 91. The 91 tune was a mail order tune from the original tuner who dyno'd the car for the 93 octane tune. The closest shop with software for the SCT tuner I have is almost 5 hours away so I can't just go get the car tuned as easily as most can. Thanks in advance for the input

tek302

Established Member
You would run lean if you didnt tune for it. You need more ethanol to match the energy of regular gas.

Contact shaun at aed [email protected]

He has flex fuel tunes for boosted cars. You can put in whatever fuel you want and it will adjust to it.

jn2

Established Member
If you are in the US you are already running about 10% ethanol, an additional 20% of ethanol will throw your fuel trims out of whack. If you are already tuned all the tuner needs to do is update your tube to enable flex fuel and update a few flex fuel related tables

Users who are viewing this thread