Anyone running blower cams?

203Cree

Established Member
Over on NLOC there was a guy with just stage 3's and a 4 lber making 460 at the wheels. He may have had a ported blower too, I'm not sure.

UtOhCop

Established Member
Thanks guys. I'm probably buying an 01 L on monday so i'm just looking for info on mods. If i was to do cams i'd want to do heads also.

andy

Sucks Gas, Hauls A$$!
Established Member
well since our truck comes with a blower stock, then YES, I have blower cams! sweet.
but seriously, I would look elsewere as a first mod. unless you install the cams and springs yourself it's kinda pricey for labor for those two things. much is to be gained before cams, unless that's what you want, a nice lopey bumpstick sound. that's pretty sweet too!

UtOhCop

Established Member
andy said:
well since our truck comes with a blower stock, then YES, I have blower cams! sweet.
but seriously, I would look elsewere as a first mod. unless you install the cams and springs yourself it's kinda pricey for labor for those two things. much is to be gained before cams, unless that's what you want, a nice lopey bumpstick sound. that's pretty sweet too!

Agreed. I wasn't considering cams first. They would be a later mod if i would go with the Whipple.

I imagine Crower S2 blower/Patriot S3 heads will make some nice power.

I figure a pulley and tune to be one of the first mods.

Last edited:

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
203Cree said:
Over on NLOC there was a guy with just stage 3's and a 4 lber making 460 at the wheels. He may have had a ported blower too, I'm not sure.

I made more than that with stage 2's and a 4lber

203Cree

Established Member
PimpRohr said:
I made more than that with stage 2's and a 4lber

May have been stage 2's, I can't remember for sure. NLOC's still down, otherwise I'd find the link. What did you end up with after everything was said and done?

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
Stage 3's idle very rough. Im running Comp stage 3's with full TEA race port and when the truck is cold, it needs some help idling for the 1st minute or so.

SM0KESH0W

Boostaholic
Established Member
Stage 2 are the most I would use on the street. I have stage 2 (almost 3) and they are not always the most friendly things with gas. Not that gas mileage matters any more when you get below 10 mpg... it starts becoming gallons per mile!

Users who are viewing this thread