Anyone running an Accusump?

darreng505

Established Member
Anyone used or installed these? Experiences?

I'm probably going to put one in this winter.

https://www.cantonracingproducts.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=2410

getimage.php

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I have a 2 quart in my car. Mounted it in the pass side seat area next to the fire bottle.

It's cheap insurance for a mod motor. I use a manual ball valve mounted on the trans tunnel in reach when I'm belted in. I've worked out a routine in the car. Key on open valve, watch the oil pressure gauge come up to about 25-30 psi, close valve and start engine. Let engine warm up then slowly open the valve on the out lap at high rpm.

darreng505

Established Member
Steve. You got every other cool fluid gadget in your car. If you get around to this one share your install. Your guides rock.

Steveespo

Established Member
It's an absolute engine life saver, standard equipment on every race car Phoenix builds
Can't get any more of a vote of confidence than that. I will try and fit it into my winter build plans. I would not put it in the cockpit though, a failed fitting or hose will have 260 degree oil spraying at 75 psi all over you at 120+ mph. Not a recipe for a good day.
Steve

dmichaels

Established Member
Any idea at what cornering force our engines start getting oil starvation? I recall in my new car research most of the Corvette engines have oil starvation issues in >1g long left hand corners

I've seen up to 1.2g's in my car (left and right corners) and sustained 1.1g's on banked corners such as Watkins Glen - wondering if there is any data to show where the Coyote engine starts seeing issues. I have not seen any threads about oil starvation issues, so that leads me to believe these engines are quite robust against oil starvation, even when running slicks. But would be good to know as I plan to be part of the "I run slicks" crowd next season

Steve - I need to copy some of your excellent upgrades too... do this one so I can see how it goes :)

darreng505

Established Member
Can't get any more of a vote of confidence than that. I will try and fit it into my winter build plans. I would not put it in the cockpit though, a failed fitting or hose will have 260 degree oil spraying at 75 psi all over you at 120+ mph. Not a recipe for a good day.
Steve

A great observation. I was going to put mine in passenger footbox but now will put it behind the rear bulkhead.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
ours are in the trunk near the fuel cell in the mustangs, occasionally on the firewall..depends on the car.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Steve

Where'd you hear about this happening?

Steveespo

Established Member
Never have heard of this specifically happening but have heard of failed AN fittings and I lost a hose on an oil cooler before. Just speculating what could happen in one of those instances. I as a rule won't bring fuel, oil or coolant lines inside the cockpit of a car. A failure would impeded your ability to bring the car to a safe stop at best and a serious injury or death at the worst.
Steve

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Braided ss lines are allowed by the rules that's good enough for me. Canton had never heard of any failures when I called them and asked about the scenario described above with the accusump mounted inside the car. The an fittings are rated for well above the pressures that they experience in an automotive application.

I'm very much safety minded but I don't see an appreciable risk in the lines blowing off.

Users who are viewing this thread