anyone running a little nitrous . .

super sonic

Established Member
The 03 that won the cobra shoot out from Paul's HP was running N2O but I have no idea what type of system. Might want to check out Paul's website.

yellowz06killer

Established Member
I'm running a 50 shot Nitrous Express wet kit but I haven't hit it.....The guy that instaled it for me did it with me in the car and that shot is plenty

B03Cobra

SVT G0D
Established Member
How often can you shoot it XSTANG without it causing problems for the engine? Also how do you control yourself from not hitting the switch at every light? :)

aslowdodge

Established Member
Originally posted by XSTANG
With 480ish without it... I only use it when needed.... Here in DFW I need it a ton!:beer:

So a dry kit eh? Have you checked af with the nitrous yet?
Where are you injecting at?
Is there a reason why you didn't do the wet kit?

I am asking a lot because I want to try a shot of nitrous on my sc viper which has a twin screw sc. It looks like the only place to spray is in front of the throttle bodies. If its dry or wet, it must run down an intake tube that runs the length of the motor and makes a u turn to the back of the sc intake.

Is it safe to spray a wet kit into the compressor? Anyone doing this?

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by aslowdodge
So a dry kit eh? Have you checked af with the nitrous yet?
Where are you injecting at?
Is there a reason why you didn't do the wet kit?

I am asking a lot because I want to try a shot of nitrous on my sc viper which has a twin screw sc. It looks like the only place to spray is in front of the throttle bodies. If its dry or wet, it must run down an intake tube that runs the length of the motor and makes a u turn to the back of the sc intake.

Is it safe to spray a wet kit into the compressor? Anyone doing this?
You'd probably get more answers in the Lightning forum. They've been around longer.

03DOHC

Established Member
I finally have my install completed and it is a huge difference... I am staying with a 50 shot because it won't change the Air/fuel very much...

It pulls like a monster now!
WOW! Did you change your plugs or your chip tune from what you had?

93-03cobras

Established Member
Call me crazy but I am also runnig it but a little different setup than you Xstang. I just put a knozzle in front of the mass air to let it richen the fuel with nothing going to the pressure regulator. I am also running a .032 jet but only had 600 lbs of bottle pressure when I tried it out. It seemed to pick up around 5 mph. I put it on a button and was granny shifting it and went almost 120. I am a little nervous as I have not installed a chip yet and also have a 2.80 pulley and a cat back. But the chip from Amazon will be here this week.
I have followed your car for quite a while and am very impressed. I plan of coming to Dalles sometime. Mabe when I get my mods done we can hook up and go out and pick on some of your GM buddys.
If i need to I can bring my 93 Cobra which will be running mid nines by the spring and still streetable.:thumbsup:

03DOHC

Established Member
Sounds cool... We do need more help vs the Chevy guys around here.... This weekend, several cammed Z06s were trapping 122-123 range....

Several people put it before the mass air... From what I have read, long as the shot remains small 50ish, you should be fine...... I just had a super rich tune 12.3ish.... from Rick.... I spray the 50 on that... The 50 shot really doesn't impact the air/fuel as much as you would think... Look at Haveights Nos graphs... His Air /Fuel didn't move with the 100 and he is spraying a dry shot after the MAF...
You need to put some DR's on that beast. jtfx and some others are trapping 124mph w/out nitrous. I can't imagine how much you must be spinning!:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Colt .45

Established Member
vba4844.gif

Users who are viewing this thread