Anyone running a J&S Safeguard?

DanTheCobraMan

Established Member
Found this: http://www.jandssafeguard.com

Looks like an interesting product. Basically a complete active knock sensor system which allows you to run optimal timing at boost. Basically eliminating the need to pull out a set amount of timing per PSI of boost, instead it pulls out just enough timing per cylinder when it senses the slight onset of detonation for that cylinder allowing you to run optimal timing at any boost level/rpm.

Just wanted to find out if anyone had any experience with this product, good or bad. Thanks!

DanTheCobraMan

Established Member
Based on feedback from another forum, fox bodies respond very well but some people have problems on the newer models. But I think they may have been using it wrong. By no means is the J&S a tuning tool. It is mearly a safeguard which retards ignition to individual cylinders on the onset of detonation. This allows you to get your dyno tune running the best possible gas and only have a single program on the chip. When you run anything but the race gas, the J&S "should" compensate for the lower octane. This is nice becaus normally, you would need a "street" tune and a "race" tune. Now you can just go with the race tune and have the J&S there to compensate.

Fortunatley, they are right down the street from me so I may be stopping by after I drop a blower on my car. I'll keep you posted.

Users who are viewing this thread