Anyone running a F1C?

97 Nightmare

Established Member
I searched before posting but didn't find what I needed. Anyone running he f1c blower? What modifications were needed for clearance? I've seen people mention crank support braces. Anyone got a picture or link example? What balancer to use? What fuel system did you go with? Just needing some general information before I undertake this project.

Cory

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
way too much stuff to just write out. you need to go to the blower bistro and look at 91svtcoupe's thread and also search for my thread- project quicksand

97 Nightmare

Established Member
I've spoken with you before about it I think but I couldn't find the emails from that conversation. I think you went more radical than I did with your engine build though.

Cory

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I've spoken with you before about it I think but I couldn't find the emails from that conversation. I think you went more radical than I did with your engine build though.

Cory

the engine build is irrevalent. fitting the blower into your engine bay and not achieving belt slip are what will rip your hair out. and not to be brash, but a F1c is pretty ****ing radical.

SpittingCobra

Established Member
the engine build is irrevalent. fitting the blower into your engine bay and not achieving belt slip are what will rip your hair out. and not to be brash, but a F1c is pretty ****ing radical.

ditto. just getting a D1SC to not throw belts is a feat in of itself..

Last edited:

97 Nightmare

Established Member
Encased, is that a fabbed bracket for coil relocation or is that offered somewhere off the shelf?

Cory

And I probably don't need a f1 for my goal. I just like the looks and massive size.

97snakebite

Established Member
if u have smog in SC the f1c is race only... get a D1 and be very happy...a f1a at the most. oh and a built motor ofcourse

97 Nightmare

Established Member
Motor just got built. No smog here. Weighing the options between turbo (sounds terrible) and supercharger (apparently a pain). If turbo didn't make the car sound like a tractor on steroids I would just do that. I hate gettin rid of $1500 worth of exhaust though.

Cory

SpittingCobra

Established Member
Motor just got built. No smog here. Weighing the options between turbo (sounds terrible) and supercharger (apparently a pain). If turbo didn't make the car sound like a tractor on steroids I would just do that. I hate gettin rid of $1500 worth of exhaust though.

Cory

LMAO my sentiments exactly! If it's a turbo vs blower don't let us deter you from the procharger!! Turbos belong on imports and diesels IMO. Trust me the turbo will be much more of "a pain" in your ass. I'm sure some turbo fan will jump in here and start defending them but you cannot deny the extra complications, wastegates, turbo headers, hot side tubing, tuneability. The best bracket going for the procharger is the House of Boost one that uses a dedicated 8 rib. EncasedMetal has that bracket I believe. 4VR Ford Mustang Dedicated Bracket System - House of Boost: Corvette parts, Z06 parts, Camaro parts, GTO parts, G8 parts, Trailblazer SS parts, LS1 parts, LS2 parts, LS3 parts, LS6 parts, LS7 parts, LS9 parts, LSX parts, Mustang parts

This is an 8-rib serp setup. The alleged drawback is the bracket flex and getting enough tension on the belt. It's all in how fast you're spinning it.

PROCHARGER F1A COBRA DYNO TEST 2 841.5rwhp/840rwtq - YouTube

97 Nightmare

Established Member
9.5:1 compression on a 4v. Only shooting for about 700whp. That's then only reason I'm not even sure if I need an f1. Input? Thanks.

Cory

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Encased, is that a fabbed bracket for coil relocation or is that offered somewhere off the shelf?

Cory

And I probably don't need a f1 for my goal. I just like the looks and massive size.

it's fabbed, I can send you multiple pics of how it's done though if you need them.

LMAO my sentiments exactly! If it's a turbo vs blower don't let us deter you from the procharger!! Turbos belong on imports and diesels IMO. Trust me the turbo will be much more of "a pain" in your ass. I'm sure some turbo fan will jump in here and start defending them but you cannot deny the extra complications, wastegates, turbo headers, hot side tubing, tuneability. The best bracket going for the procharger is the House of Boost one that uses a dedicated 8 rib. EncasedMetal has that bracket I believe. 4VR Ford Mustang Dedicated Bracket System - House of Boost: Corvette parts, Z06 parts, Camaro parts, GTO parts, G8 parts, Trailblazer SS parts, LS1 parts, LS2 parts, LS3 parts, LS6 parts, LS7 parts, LS9 parts, LSX parts, Mustang parts

This is an 8-rib serp setup. The alleged drawback is the bracket flex and getting enough tension on the belt. It's all in how fast you're spinning it.

PROCHARGER F1A COBRA DYNO TEST 2 841.5rwhp/840rwtq - YouTube

the bracket flex is only a problem with the standard brackets, while the blower is easier to fit in the bay say hello to belt slip and a full 8 rib overpriced conversion. The HOB bracket eliminates slip and bracket flex, but is harder to fit into the engine bay. If you watch that youtube vid posted above you will notice that the blower is pulling the pass. side of the motor down really hard under boost. sketchy as **** imo. also OP- with an F1c you need to use cogs anyways since even a 4" blower pulley will produce around 30 psi on a f1c

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
LMAO my sentiments exactly! If it's a turbo vs blower don't let us deter you from the procharger!! Turbos belong on imports and diesels IMO. Trust me the turbo will be much more of "a pain" in your ass. I'm sure some turbo fan will jump in here and start defending them but you cannot deny the extra complications, wastegates, turbo headers, hot side tubing, tuneability.

I'll be that guy.

Have you actually owned a turbo Mustang?

I do. I built the car myself. And I have no idea where your basis for argument is coming from. Please explain to me how any of those things complicate a build - wastegate, BOV (which a supercharged car has, too :??: ), piping, etc. You install them once (which was easy, btw) and never have to touch them again. More time consuming to do? Sure. More complicated? No.

And I don't know what tunability issues you speak of, because frankly there are none with a good kit configured for blow-thru. Mine runs better and is easier to drive than it was totally stock.

If you like blowers better, that's cool. I don't care. We all have our preferences, but don't try to lead people to believe things about turbo kits that aren't true.

Last edited:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I would like the pics if possible. And encased, what are your thoughts about d1 vs f1 for 700whp? Can a d1 do it?

Cory

here are some pics. and personally I wouldn't push a D1sc to make 700rwhp. my advice- don't chase a hp number. I did and ****ing hate my car because of it. Is it a thrill to dive wide open? yes. Have I thought about how it wouldn't take much to kill myself in my car with a little mistake going wide open. yes. is it worth it without the car making you money? hell no.
007.gif

005.gif

006-1.gif

004-1.gif

97 Nightmare

Established Member
Fastest thing I've ever owned was a 430hp all motor ls1 auto car. I wasn't satisfied with it. Drivability sucked cause of the huge cam and big converter. And the power wasn't enough for me to really enjoy unless I was all in it. And even then it got old quick. Maybe I need to rethink this whole thing. I just want something fun on the street. Not a track car. And from looking at the extensive amount of work required with these big blowers, a little less hp on a lower boost level is starting to look real good. Not saying they aren't awesome and well worth the time and work. Just not sure if that's the route I want to go.

Cory

Users who are viewing this thread