Anyone Running a BW S475???

F8L BYT

Established Member
Okay so as of now, I am planning on building a turbo kit for the coyote. For now it will just be a 2015+ shortblock with 11-14 heads. I will build the short block down the road.

I'm trying to determine a decent turbo to run that is cost effective but won't choke the coyote. Which has led me to looking at the Borg Warner S475 T6 with a 83mm wheel and 1.10 A/R

Would this work or would I need to step up the wheel to like the 92mm option?

Also I'm trying to figure out where to place the MAF so it doesn't spike during tuning? Anyone know where they are placed for like the CPR kits? Because that will be very similar to how my turbo / piping will be routed

Thanks all!

ryan03svt

Established Member
I currently run a CPR turbo kit with a BW S475 76/83. I'm only on 7ish pounds but I'm pretty sure this turbo is good for well over 1000hp. Here's a video to the dyno and the graph.

image1_zpspsml1o9l.jpg

stangn

Established Member
Don't admit to copying someone else's kit your you'll be banished. There's been to much who did it first arguments because of turbo design and turbo choices. Although I'm not really sure there are to many ways of doing it lol.

F8L BYT

Established Member
I currently run a CPR turbo kit with a BW S475 76/83. I'm only on 7ish pounds but I'm pretty sure this turbo is good for well over 1000hp. Here's a video to the dyno and the graph.

Awesome! So that's the standard turbo they run in their kits? Do you know what the A/R is on yours? That's good power!

Don't admit to copying someone else's kit your you'll be banished. There's been to much who did it first arguments because of turbo design and turbo choices. Although I'm not really sure there are to many ways of doing it lol.

I'm not copying them, it will be similar based on the location of the turbo. My coyote is in a 98 cobra. Nobody makes a full kit for a swapped car. I'm running the CG fab headers and building the rest of the kit

ryan03svt

Established Member
Awesome! So that's the standard turbo they run in their kits? Do you know what the A/R is on yours? That's good power!

I'm 99% sure it's the 1.10A/R and yes this is the standard turbo Dustin ships out with the CPR kit. I love this turbo, it's prefect for what I use it for.

F8L BYT

Established Member
I'm 99% sure it's the 1.10A/R and yes this is the standard turbo Dustin ships out with the CPR kit. I love this turbo, it's prefect for what I use it for.

Awesome! that's the exact one I'm looking at. Thanks for the info man! I think that will work well for now until I outgrow this 15+ short block.

It's a 5" down pipe right?

Users who are viewing this thread