Anyone running a aftermarket cooling fan?

4.6pimp

Established Member
Looking to upgrade from 70mm on3 turbo to a BB 76mm and could use some more room. Is anyone using a aftermarket cooling fan that is a little thinner then the stock one. Even if its just a 1/2 inch! lol Some pictures and info welcomed...

VADEi2

DAl2K FOl2CE
Established Member
Looking to upgrade from 70mm on3 turbo to a BB 76mm and could use some more room. Is anyone using a aftermarket cooling fan that is a little thinner then the stock one. Even if its just a 1/2 inch! lol Some pictures and info welcomed...

I'm using mishimoto fan. I bought it off eBay.

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
Just offset the radiator into your header panel that's what's done to mine and I have an aftermarket thicker radiator and stock fans. it gives you a good bit more room.

Last edited:

VADEi2

DAl2K FOl2CE
Established Member
How much thinner is that fan?

Product Information
Condition: Brand New
Part Number: MMFS-MUS-97
Application:
1997-2004 Ford Mustang ( All Models )
Engine Code: 289CI (4.6L)
Chassis Code: SN-95
Description:
The Mishimoto Ford Mustang aluminum fan shroud kit will considerably improve engine cooling functions and the overall performance of your vehicle. All Mishimoto fan shrouds are significantly lighter than standard fan shrouds, and are a direct OEM fit. A Mishimoto fan shroud will effectively drive out heat from the engine bay and deliver more air to the Mustang performance radiator, while at the same time serving another very important purpose; securing the fan blades. The fan shroud will keep the fan blades in place, which otherwise could potentially damage other essential components in your engine.
Features:
Height - 16.5"
Length - 28.8"
Width - 3.5" (Including fans)
Item(s) in box:
(1) Mishimoto Aluminum Shroud
(2) Mishimoto 12" Slim Electric Fan
(4) M6X20 Screws
(2) M6X16 Screws
(4) M6 Nuts
(10) M6 Plain Cushions
(10) M6 Elastic Cushions