anyone running 3:55 or 3:73 gears w/ auto

ghostrider7953

Established Member
I'm getting ready to do gears - 3:55 or 3:73 . I do alot of hwy driving and don't want to go too crazy. 2011-5.0 - w/ auto. Any comments good or bad would be appreciated.
Thanks
Terry D

tmc95

FFW Money Winner
Established Member
How about an automatic with 4:10's? They break Drag Radials loose on the first shift.......

Mods:
1. Steeda Intake
2. Kooks Longtubes
3. Tune
4. 4:10 Gears
5. 93 octane pump gas

11.83 @ 116.80
1.83 60ft.

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

If your looking for every little bit of ET out of the car naturally asperated then more gear is the way to go. But with this trans it's geared real nice already and then 4.10s will limit your highway top speed. It's all about what you want and what you want to give up. 3.55s are the best all around gear and most of the fast cars with PWR adder's are proving it.

1sweetazzGT500

Established Member
Dropped my car (auto) off @ Livernoise Motorsports today for the 3.73 install. Will be done tomorrow so will let you know what my First impressions are tomorrow nite. I have the Airaid/ BAMA 93 Octane tunes and Lethal Off-Road X pipe sitting here waiting to go in as well.Ahhhh(swallow of Brew) Life is Good.

Last edited:

drewzx3

Established Member
Dropped my car (auto) off @ Livernoise Motorsports today for the 3.73 install. Will be done tomorrow so will let you know what my First impressions are tomorrow nite. I have the Airaid/ BAMA 93 Octane tunes and Lethal Off-Road X pipe sitting here waiting to go in as well.Ahhhh(swallow of Brew) Life is Good.

Why didn't you get there tune? Just curious

1sweetazzGT500

Established Member
Well short answer = because after spending 5 Hundy$ I still wouldnt have a sct/3 hand held Tuner.And NO Free Tuning adjustments when you add more Mods= 5 Hundy$ more EVERY Time you add or remove any Parts. Long Answer= And this is with "all due respect" to "Liv", because they are a Great bunch of Auto enthusiast working there!!! When I was doing my research/ reading trying to decide which tune to buy with my Hard earned Dollars I didn't come across Much information about their Tune for the 11 5.0. I know their car ran some Great Times when they first got it but that was all I could find. All the other companys were posting way more info regarding their Tunes and putting in the "hours" developing the Tune for the 11 5.0. I don't know shiat about tuning a car but common sense tells me you just cant throw these cars on the Dyno and Tune it and get it right in one afternoon(unless you got the time already put in of course), especially with the TiVct. Customer Service is KING these days and I felt AM/BAMA was/is Bringing it big time.

Last edited:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Ok auto Guys post up gear ratio's 3.55 and 3.73's and rpm @ 55 and 70 mph please. I want or hope I should say it will be like my 03 w 3.55's. I can hit 80 mph w/o too bad of mpg and rpms. Put 80 down also if you will. :beer: So gear ratio then mph and then rpms's......and stock like dia tires and of course converter is locked.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Transmission
Standard 6-speed manual
Gear ratios
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
Final drive
3.31:1
Optional 6-speed automatic

Gear ratios
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
Final drive
3.15:1

I would say for both go an hw miles on the auto go with a 3.73 or a 3.90 but with a manual i say 4.10s with a .65 6 gear.

grnenvy

Established Member
LOL 355s or 373s come on there's not much of a differance. A tire change of 1in. can change that number either way. Remember you can always over gear a car. More isn't always better aspecially if more pwr is on the way. I know alot of cobra guys were changing gears going lower then couldn't hook and had to go with 28in tires seems to me they went right back to the same spot they started at. I stayed with my 355s and the car ran real good.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
LOL 355s or 373s come on there's not much of a differance. A tire change of 1in. can change that number either way. Remember you can always over gear a car. More isn't always better aspecially if more pwr is on the way. I know alot of cobra guys were changing gears going lower then couldn't hook and had to go with 28in tires seems to me they went right back to the same spot they started at. I stayed with my 355s and the car ran real good.

Yea I've seen a few of your videos, I stayed w 3:55's w my n2o setup. :beer:

1sweetazzGT500

Established Member
Just had 3.73's put in my Auto last week and Love them, however I think "I" could of gotten away with 4.10's. Go big or go home I say. At "Least" get the 3.73's,or you'll regret it, I'm telling ya.

Users who are viewing this thread