Anyone running 285/35/20

Svtheide

Established Member
Just wondering if anyone is running a 285/35/20 on the front an lowered. An is there any rubbing issues or any problems experienced.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I don't even know why people have been switching to 20's in the front of any size, other than the wheel dealers are pushing it. I like the way the car turns in and handles with the staggered setup and I like the rake of the car as is. I know that doesn't answer your question at all but I'll be buying wheels in the future and I always read threads like these to try to figure out what I may be missing.

Svtheide

Established Member
I don't even know why people have been switching to 20's in the front of any size, other than the wheel dealers are pushing it. I like the way the car turns in and handles with the staggered setup and I like the rake of the car as is. I know that doesn't answer your question at all but I'll be buying wheels in the future and I always read threads like these to try to figure out what I may be missing.

I totally agree but the Alcoa's only came in 20's

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
I plan on doing it and have read on other forums of others having good results.

I take it yours going to put your 20x10 Alcoas up front?

Bad Company

Established Member
I have 10 x 20 48mm offset with MPSS 285/35R20 tires on the front.I used Roush Performance steering rack stops. I installed these before I installed the tires, so I can't tell you whether or not they were absolutely needed. My tire clearance is very close at full lock, so I do think they are stopping any possible rubbing issues. The car is lowered on FRPP M-5300-L springs. As far as handling is concerned the 20" tires and wheels didn't compromise the handling one bit. But I also did a lot of other work to increase the cars handling characteristics also.

IMG_3485_zps8d43e884.gif

IMG_3484_zpsf1236a26.gif

IMG_3482_zps8102edd6.gif

WB10_zps63361983.gif

stutter

eat me
Established Member

I love the turn in too. I just ordered Forgestar CF10's in 19x9.5 front and 20x11 rear with +32 and +53 offset respectively. Its hard when I was shopping for wheels because a lot of the really nice ones only offer 20's and it was annoying.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I love the turn in too. I just ordered Forgestar CF10's in 19x9.5 front and 20x11 rear with +32 and +53 offset respectively. Its hard when I was shopping for wheels because a lot of the really nice ones only offer 20's and it was annoying.

I've been looking at the same brand and sizes. I'm interested to see how they look on your car. How long is your wait going to be?

stutter

eat me
Established Member
I've been looking at the same brand and sizes. I'm interested to see how they look on your car. How long is your wait going to be?

Well I ordered a week ago from Howey Industries and Paul said they would take about 6 weeks to make. Its perfect though because I dont get home from Afghanistan for another 5 weeks anyways. So they should get there when I get there!! :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread