Anyone running 17x11's with irs?

AMiran02GT

Under Constructon
Established Member
Looking at getting some 17x11's for the back of my cobra. I have 17x10.5's with 315 nittos on there now and they do not rub unless the car is on a lift, but I havent ground down the bolts or gotten low profile ones yet.

I would probably be running a 315 or 335 nitto, if any one has them I'd like to know what offset to go with. I dont want them to rub but I also dont want them sticking out too far.

Thanks for the help guys, post pics if you got them!

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I would like to know that myself. I have 95R's widened to 17x11" and am installing a IRS in the spring.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
i've seen 18x11 on IRS, so im going to guess 17x11 will fit as long as the backspace and offset are on the money. There may be a greater chance of the tire coming into contact with the IRS frame bolt thats there. If you dont have them already MM button head bolts are a nice piece because if the tire does rub them, it wont hurt the tire as much since its rounded vs a bolt head

AMiran02GT

Under Constructon
Established Member
I am having the wheels custom made and I don't know what backspacing to go with, that is what im trying to figure out.

The car still has the stock bolts but the mm low profile bolts will be on the way soon.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
I have 17x10.5s on my car, and they wouldn't go on without having my low profile IRS bolt. Right now with no spacers, I have about a 1/4 of clearance before they would rub the inner wheel well. With 17x11s you would have to use a spacer probably. But if you're going to run 315s or 335s why not just use your 10.5s?

AMiran02GT

Under Constructon
Established Member
I am getting some billet specialties made for the car and they only do 9's and 11's... I wouldnt need to run a spacer because I can choose the backspacing, I just don't know what it would need to be.

I would get some 10-10.5's but they dont make them.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
If they're custom made, I don't know why they couldn't do any size hoop you wanted. Weird...

Are they Streetlites? And my 17x10.5s use a 6.8" (173mm) backspace.

Last edited:

AMiran02GT

Under Constructon
Established Member
The guy said that they get the wheels from someone else, all they do is set backspacing?

So they cant do 10-10.5's.. And yes, they are street lites :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread