Anyone runnig methanol inj. on a centrifigul blwn mod mtr setup

UnnaturalSVT

Blwn01Cobra
Established Member
Hello fellas Im new to this forum, so Just wanted to say whats up. I got a question about methanol inj I have an 01 cobra with a Vortech Strim, forged 04 Mach 1 block and heads. on 13lbs it made 523wrhp on a mixed 110/93 octane. It got a lil expensive the 110 here in Michigan is a bout $4.66 a gallon I want to switch back to 93fuel but cant run it straight because of the detonation factor.Just wanted to know if anyone has it on this type of setup or knows anything about it.

Last edited:

99SVTAddict

Established Member
Hey, looks like you are in Michigan too.

Your car sounds a lot like mine did last year. 14 lbs of boost, built motor, 532RWHP on a 110/94 mix.

Anyway, added some boost and the methanol kit.
Drop me a PM and I'll answer any questions you may have on it.

Let me know who does your tuning....Alternative Auto does all of mine.
-Chuck

turbosaleen

Established Member
meth injection is a dangerous propositio and not something i would ever put on a street car of mine.

if you ever run out of meth the nozle clogs or the pump breaks YOU WILL destroy your engine via detonation as the only way you gain power with meth is to run more timing to take advantage of the reduction in burn rate it causes.

99SVTAddict

Established Member
Been around for MANY years......you are entitled to your opinion though.
You are right about how it makes power, but there are many advantages to it and a lot of safety biult into the system.

On a blown car there are many other things that can go wrong as well...no such thing as SAFE when you get into high HP on these little motors.

WDW MKR

Established Member
1fastz said:
meth injection is a dangerous propositio and not something i would ever put on a street car of mine.

if you ever run out of meth the nozle clogs or the pump breaks YOU WILL destroy your engine via detonation as the only way you gain power with meth is to run more timing to take advantage of the reduction in burn rate it causes.

Same can be said for your in-tank fuel pump, an injector, a fuse, etc. I ran it with great success on my GN. Just keep in mind that it is very corrosive at certain dilutions.

k4u2luz2

Established Member
I used to live in Beacon Square, just to the west of heidenrich and north of 21 mile. Kind of nice living in Grand Blanc away from all of the traffic congestion. Although sometimes i feel lik i am chaeting i only drive 4 miles to work. (three 4 way stops and two traffic lights)

How do you like the methanol kit and would you recommend it? I looked at your profile and our cars don't sound that far off.

99SVTAddict

Established Member
I like it so far.....added safety in increased octane rating, much cooler inlet temps as well. Can't beat that. Next plan is one more pulley swap, 19-20 lbs of boost on the little s-trim and see what she can do. After that my only option is T-trim. Problem is....I was looking through all my paperwork the other day and saw how much money I've spent on this damn car to date. Yikes. :lol1:

k4u2luz2

Established Member
AMEN...your not kidding i have bought 3 engines, 11 clutches, countless tires, and any other cheap part that ford could have put on these cars. It's a good thing my wife only realizes about 1/4 of the whole picture (money spent) :bash:

J's98Snake

Established Member
1fastz said:

Great thing about modern cars is the AIT sensor :-D Inject the meth pre AIT sensor so it reads the actual intake temp...if you pump fails ect.. and no meth sprays there will be no temp drop and the car will pull timing.

MichaelPlummer

Established Member
Hi Unnatural SVT,
There are many water/methanol and alchol kits out on the market today. They all work and some have distinct advantages over others. If you need more info. on the Snow Performance Boost Cooler kits I'll be happy to help.

See ya
Michael Plummer

Users who are viewing this thread