Anyone run a Steeda Watts?

Fun4me

Established Member
Anyone run a Steeda Watts? What kind of swaybar do you use? Steeda site says for '11+ the factory sway won't clear.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Look at my "new parts thread" a few threads down from this one. There's a few pics of my steeda watts linkage.

Stock sway bar clears just fine.

Fun4me

Established Member
Look at my "new parts thread" a few threads down from this one. There's a few pics of my steeda watts linkage.

Holy crap, thats alot of mods. Why did you get the steeda watts?
Is it overkill for a dd?

Last edited:

racermatt

Established Member

We recommend our adjustable rear sway bar (555-1073).

As for running the stock bar with our watt's link, the Boss and GT500 bars will not fit, and the bigger GT bar will not.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

jynboslice you have a sweet looking ride!

Fun4me

Established Member
We recommend our adjustable rear sway bar (555-1073).

As for running the stock bar with our watt's link, the Boss and GT500 bars will not fit, and the bigger GT bar will not.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

jynboslice you have a sweet looking ride!

To clarify, my '12 brembo stock sway won't clear? What about the whiteline axlemount sway, will that work?

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
The new Whiteline kit looks like the best watts option out. And doesn't look like a piece of scaffolding under the back of your car. Don't know the price on the Steeda unit but the Whiteline is $899.

Fun4me

Established Member
The new Whiteline kit looks like the best watts option out. And doesn't look like a piece of scaffolding under the back of your car. Don't know the price on the Steeda unit but the Whiteline is $899.

I know the whiteline is nice. Just asking for opinions about the Steeda, why someone would prefer them over fays2 and whiteline. NVH? The steeda has poly bushings.

racermatt

Established Member
The problem with the Whiteline Watt's is by using the diff cover as the mount there is no adjustment on the pivot point. This poises a problem if you lower the car because the watt's link bars will not be parallel to the ground or each other, there fore not as effective. This would be especially true if you are running a coil over adjustable suspension set up. The watt's link setting would change every time you adjusted the car. Also you are putting force on the rear end housing that it was never designed for.

jymboslice I see you car looks to be a Brembo car. In our testing that rear bar would not work. Did you have to do any mods to it for it to clear?

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Holy crap, thats alot of mods. Why did you get the steeda watts?
Is it overkill for a dd?

I chose the steeda one because it does not attach to the differential cover, it is a high quality piece, it's easy to install, steeda makes parts that preform, and for the reason RacerMatt just listed above.

Thanks for the compliment RacerMatt! I appreciate it. My car is a factory brembo car. I have a 4 point hoist, as opposed to a drive up hoist and my sway bar would interfere with the watts linkage up on that hoist. Once I lowered it and put the Car on the ground, I had about an inch of clearance between the watts linkage and the sway bar. I remember calling steeda too about the sway bar interfering and someone there told me the watts link fits with the stock sway bar. I will take some pictures of the clearance when I get to the car in about an hour.

Fun4me

Established Member
I chose the steeda one because it does not attach to the differential cover, it is a high quality piece, it's easy to install, steeda makes parts that preform, and for the reason RacerMatt just listed above.

Thanks for the compliment RacerMatt! I appreciate it. My car is a factory brembo car. I have a 4 point hoist, as opposed to a drive up hoist and my sway bar would interfere with the watts linkage up on that hoist. Once I lowered it and put the Car on the ground, I had about an inch of clearance between the watts linkage and the sway bar. I remember calling steeda too about the sway bar interfering and someone there told me the watts link fits with the stock sway bar. I will take some pictures of the clearance when I get to the car in about an hour.

Is a hoist a lift? How do you install it, if it interferes while the car is in the air?

Red_Devil

Established Member
Fountain Valley, California, United States
The problem with the Whiteline Watt's is by using the diff cover as the mount there is no adjustment on the pivot point. This poises a problem if you lower the car because the watt's link bars will not be parallel to the ground or each other, there fore not as effective. This would be especially true if you are running a coil over adjustable suspension set up. The watt's link setting would change every time you adjusted the car. Also you are putting force on the rear end housing that it was never designed for.

You can adjust it on our differential cover as it has multiple mounting points. It is well thought out, and was designed on a car with KW V3 coil overs at multiple adjustments through the development.

Fun4me

Established Member
You can adjust it on our differential cover as it has multiple mounting points. It is well thought out, and was designed on a car with KW V3 coil overs at multiple adjustments through the development.
What about the added force on the diff cover.......?

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Is a hoist a lift? How do you install it, if it interferes while the car is in the air?

Yes, it is. I just loosely installed the whole setup on my hoist, then dropped the car down on ramps, so the suspension was loaded and the car was level (like a drive on lift). Then I crawled under the car to torque everything down and adjust the watts linkage.

5.0_SD

Established Member
What about the added force on the diff cover.......?
The Whiteline Watts Link is far and away the best design out there. Look at the beefiness of the diff cover AND the multiple mounting points to distribute the forces applied to the center pivot, and as Jared said, the adjustability built into the design for cars of ANY ride height...all I can say is bravo to Jared and Whiteline for their superior design.

As far as the Steeda, I'm sure it does the job, but it looks like a giant erector set under there!

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
The Whiteline Watts Link is far and away the best design out there. Look at the beefiness of the diff cover AND the multiple mounting points to distribute the forces applied to the center pivot, and as Jared said, the adjustability built into the design for cars of ANY ride height...all I can say is bravo to Jared and Whiteline for their superior design.

As far as the Steeda, I'm sure it does the job, but it looks like a giant erector set under there!

Everyone has their own opinions. My steeda watts linkage does the job.

I do not know how it is a best design though? The whiteline looks just like any other differential cover-mounted watts link.

5.0_SD

Established Member
Everyone has their own opinions. My steeda watts linkage does the job.

I do not know how it is a best design though? The whiteline looks just like any other differential cover-mounted watts link.
As I said, I know the Steeda WL does the job. The Whiteline may "look" like a lot of other designs, but the construction of it is superior to other similar designs. I haven't seen any others of this design have as strong of mounting points to spread the sheering forces on the pivot bolt...go to Vorshlag's website and look at the individual pictures of the watts link...pay particular attention to the black plate that mounts to the diff cover...that alone separates the Whiteline kit from the others...as well as the superior bushings that Whiteline uses as well.
And just so everyone knows, I do not work for Whiteline nor do I get anything from them...I just feel it is the best Watts Link out there at this moment...I just call it as I see it.

Users who are viewing this thread