Anyone replaced a parking brake lever rubber lining?

UWISSSH

Underground 93 Guru
Established Member
Like the title says. My upper center console is pretty close to mint so I want to keep it but the e-brake lining is ripped. I have a spare lining but looking at how this thing is attached I dunno what to do. The little plastic nubs are all in tact but it looks like you have to break them to get the old lining out. Ford melted the plastic nubs to hold these in place? Really?

Anyone gone through this? My rip is close right along the edge so I may just be better off trying to glue it and be done with it.

WillyB93

Established Member
I have never done it, doesn't seem to hard like fast ford brain said just melt the plastic to hold the new one on

St8-E

Established Member
I had the same issue as you with the center being mint and the rubber lining torn closer to the driver...I just pulled the black plasic piece holding the rubber boot off from underneath (breaking a few of the melted tabs). I purchased a mint rubber lining from a guy in the area here that parts out mustangs, and super glued it to the console...you would NEVER know I did it this way from the top...No idea what Ford was thinking when they designed this!

Users who are viewing this thread