Anyone rep Mickey Thompsons?

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Yep, but I also have Van's 13-6 kit, so they still struggle for traction in 1st(on the street).
Though they do hook pretty well at the strip. I managed 1.9 60's without any practice.

It's a damn shame my car locks me out of 2nd at WOT and totally screwed every run...:(

dfroehli

Established Member
I just bought a set. Waiting for the weather to break before I take it out and really hit it. I also have a "similar to 13-6" kit so should be in the 700rwhp club im going to do a dyno run to see but that's after i drive it a bit and get the winter gas out of it.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm currently running the NT05Rs but my next tire will be a Mickey Thompson. The worked great on my 08 GT500.

sb03cobra

Established Member
Yes, I run the 305/35R19's.

IMG_0247_zps32cf0753.jpg

sb03cobra

Established Member
Yep, but I also have Van's 13-6 kit, so they still struggle for traction in 1st(on the street).
Though they do hook pretty well at the strip. I managed 1.9 60's without any practice.

It's a damn shame my car locks me out of 2nd at WOT and totally screwed every run...:(

I was having the same lock out in 2nd. Installed a set of solid shifter bushings and rear mount bushing from a KR shifter, no more lock out. :banana:

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
Get a new shifter. Will solve your lock out issues. The stock shifter has WAY too much play and movement. My barton has solid clicks in ever gear.

I am running the 305/35/20's. STock tires are dangerous on the interstate. The MT's solved that issue for me.

carguy19

Established Member
If you use these tires the right way they are almost as good as slicks

They are better then any other tire on the street and if you deflate them to 12lbs at the track they will run within .1-.2 of a full slick.

Best tire out there for a fast car period.

To the guys running mods.... Try the stock goodyears again w your 13-6 kit then you will have reall appreciation for the mt's. Nothing is going to not give any wheel spin at 700whp

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
I'm looking for another set of 19 inch base model FRONT rims and I'm having them widened to 11.5 inches and going to run a 305/35/19 rear MT.

Then I'll keep the 20 inchers for traveling and eventually get the MPSS on them.

this should keep a stock look without a ton of additional cost.

Users who are viewing this thread